Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm thinking about buying some suede bucks since my gray suede Clark's desert boots are worn out and need to be replaced with something else. These from DSW looked pretty good http://www.dsw.com/shoe/aston+grey+s...?prodId=338973

    Any other recommendations I should check out? I plan on wearing these with jeans and chinos.

    Comment


      Originally posted by thedrake View Post
      I'm thinking about buying some suede bucks since my gray suede Clark's desert boots are worn out and need to be replaced with something else. These from DSW looked pretty good http://www.dsw.com/shoe/aston+grey+s...?prodId=338973

      Any other recommendations I should check out? I plan on wearing these with jeans and chinos.
      Kenton Bucks were on sale for ~$100 a lot last month. Usually they don't go that low, but the quality is way higher than those glued on DSWs.
      https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...true&hash=row0

      Wait for these or something to go on sale if you don't need them ASAP.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
        Kenton Bucks were on sale for ~$100 a lot last month. Usually they don't go that low, but the quality is way higher than those glued on DSWs.
        https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...true&hash=row0

        Wait for these or something to go on sale if you don't need them ASAP.
        Yeah, probably should have pulled the trigger on those when they were on sale. The AE Boone is also down to $150 on shoe bank, but I was hoping to keep the cost under $100.

        The other thing is that I've never really liked the red soles that bucks have. That was one of the original reasons I went with a suede desert boot instead of a suede buck for a casual shoe. The other option I was looking at were the Nordstrom 1901 Barrett chukkas that were on the main site recently http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/1901-bar...=BROWN%20SUEDE

        Comment


          Hey gents,

          I really like the plain, classic look of the Allen Edmonds Carlyle. Can any of you share about the fit, comfort, and look of the shoe?

          Comment


            Originally posted by smoothy View Post
            Hey gents,

            I really like the plain, classic look of the Allen Edmonds Carlyle. Can any of you share about the fit, comfort, and look of the shoe?
            I have them in chili. They're beautiful and take a great shine. I find them sleeker and more elegant than other AE styles. Highly recommended.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

            Comment


              Any button rules for a cardigan similar to jackets (aka don't button bottom etc)? Never worn them before but need a sweater I can put off and on in our office because it's an ice box.

              Comment


                Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                I'm thinking about buying some suede bucks since my gray suede Clark's desert boots are worn out and need to be replaced with something else. These from DSW looked pretty good http://www.dsw.com/shoe/aston+grey+s...?prodId=338973

                Any other recommendations I should check out? I plan on wearing these with jeans and chinos.
                Those DSW bucks are awfully nice. But if you want some chukkas I can vouch for these from JShoes at around the same price right now
                :
                http://www.shopjshoes.com/mens-c1/sp...kka-boot-p1367
                Last edited by saskatoonjay; September 2, 2016, 12:58 PM. Reason: formatting

                Comment


                  Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                  Any button rules for a cardigan similar to jackets (aka don't button bottom etc)? Never worn them before but need a sweater I can put off and on in our office because it's an ice box.
                  It's typical to leave the bottom one or two and top one button undone, but I'd say it's not as concrete as jacket buttoning "rules".

                  I find it depends on the sweater.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    Any button rules for a cardigan similar to jackets (aka don't button bottom etc)? Never worn them before but need a sweater I can put off and on in our office because it's an ice box.
                    I don't think there's a rule, but I do what the debonair models at SuitSupply do, leaving the bottom undone (to avoid accentuating my paunch) and usually leaving top undone (to lower the button stance and show off a bit more shirt and tie).


                    Comment


                      Can anyone out there tell me what kind of fold this is, and/or how to do it? It's driving me crazy!

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        does anyone know the lapel width on BR suits? I'm having trouble finding suits with 3" lapels, they are all either slightly bigger or smaller than that

                        Comment


                          Does JCrew make their Bowery Classic pants in wool? Do I just need to wait until later in the season for them to get rid of the cotton ones? I love the fit of the classic and the slim's are too tight on my legs.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                            Does JCrew make their Bowery Classic pants in wool? Do I just need to wait until later in the season for them to get rid of the cotton ones? I love the fit of the classic and the slim's are too tight on my legs.
                            Yes. I was informed they will be released shortly.

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] thank you

                              Comment


                                Any of you gents worn the AE Randolph? I have a good pair of driving loafers. Need something a bit nicer for casual Friday's and business travel. Just wanted to see what you guys like or dislike about them. I am specifically looking at the brown burnished calf color.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X