This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
    Interesting. So you don't think a navy blazer with grey wool pants is too casual? For some reason "interview = suit" in my mind.

In our market, business casual tends to mean chinos with a polo or button-up shirt and loafers. My office is slightly more professional than that and my "uniform" is wool slacks with a button-up dress shirt and sleek dress shoes (although no ties or jackets normally).

Thanks!
    It's an interview for a grown up job where there isn't a sure-fire casual-only dress code. I'd wear a traditional suit and tie pairing and call it a day.

Comment

Navy suit, white/light blue shirt, navy pindot tie, blue tipped white/light blue pocket square (if pocket squares are your thing). Black captoe shoes and black belt.

I'd avoid blazers or non-conservative suits for interviews.

Comment

Looking for a few pants recommendations:

1. Slim, tropical weight wool dress pants in medium gray (<$120)

2. Lightweight summer chinos in medium gray

Comment

Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
          Looking for a few pants recommendations:

1. Slim, tropical weight wool dress pants in medium gray (<$120)

Jomers makes some good tropical weight wools, but they're hardly ever available.

Bonobos makes fantastic summerweight chinos, but I wouldn't pay full price for them. If you can nail your sizing, the eBay route will save you some coin, unless you can wait around when they go on steep discount during their out of season sales.

Comment

Dressy or casual? I actually really like Old Navy's slim stretch khakis. They offer a lightweight version as well (mine are not the lightweight): http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...30&cid=1057524

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Jomers makes some good tropical weight wools, but they're hardly ever available.

Bonobos makes fantastic summerweight chinos, but I wouldn't pay full price for them. If you can nail your sizing, the eBay route will save you some coin, unless you can wait around when they go on steep discount during their out of season sales.
              The bonobos ones I'm really interested in, but agree that at $98 they are just too much money =/. Thanks for the Jomers tip - setup an alert with them.

Know anything about the Spier & Mackay trousers?

Comment

The bonobos ones I'm really interested in, but agree that at $98 they are just too much money =/. Thanks for the Jomers tip - setup an alert with them.

Know anything about the Spier & Mackay trousers?
                Sorry, no experience with S&M. I think if you asked in the S&M thread, you would be able to get a lot more answers.

Comment

Just bought these: https://bonobos.com/products/washed-...?color=redrums

I definitely think they look good against a pair of white sneakers but what about brown shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by mattsedlak View Post
                    Just bought these: https://bonobos.com/products/washed-...?color=redrums

I definitely think they look good against a pair of white sneakers but what about brown shoes?
                    For sure. Navy shoes, too.

Comment

This may be an odd one:
                      When you're hanging your suit jackets/sport coats, does anyone "pop" or turn up the collar? I was speaking with my tailor and he mentioned doing this would help maintain the fabric and allow the fibres to better recover after wearing. Thoughts?
                      Last edited by JohnG; June 7, 2016, 05:34 PM. Reason: Just to clarify

Comment

I have a suit that I want to wear tonight but I didn't get the pants hemming yet, has anybody used temporary hem tape on wool pants before? Is it a bad idea? https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Hydrox-.../dp/B004LSBMOU

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                          This may be an odd one:
                          When you're hanging your suit jackets/sport coats, does anyone "pop" or turn up the collar? I was speaking with my tailor and he mentioned doing this would help maintain the fabric and allow the fibres to better recover after wearing. Thoughts?
                          like if it got really sweaty? havn't heard that. Maybe it will keep the lapels from flattening down into a crease?

Comment

Why isn't this thread a stickie? Seems like it would be a good one to stick on page one, no?

Comment

What type of break do you guys usually go for with casual chinos?
                              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                                What type of break do you guys usually go for with casual chinos?
                                Depends on the leg opening, with a pretty slim leg I tend to go with a slight to no break. I also find that they shrink a drop over time because of the wash.

Comment

Working...
                                X