Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question (I hope). How long is the Fitzgerald Fit from Brooks Brothers in the "long"?

I'm considering this sports coat, but it's only available in long in my size.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzge...efault,pd.html

Thanks.

Comment

In what size? It may make a difference. BB doesn't publish their measurements. I've searched and read thru SF & AAAC threads, and I have never found a chart. If someone has one, I would love to see it.

Your best bet would be to just call your local BB and ask.

Comment

Size 44 long. I don't have anything from BB, but when I buy sports coats I generally get a 44.

Comment

Can anyone identify these AE's? They say "Concord" on the insole, but all I can find by that name are the loafers. Thank you!

Comment

Looking for business casual button-down collar shirts similar to JCrew & BR in style but long enough to stay tucked in. To be worn with "dress" chinos or wool pants and a knit, wool, or cotton tie.

Comment

"Long enough" is a relative term. It would help if you measured your favorite shirt that does stay tucked in and posted your size and measurements. Then people could possibly recommend shirts with a similar length.

Many companies, like Spier & Mackay or Charles Tyrwhitt have size chart/guides online that will tell you the length of their shirts depending on fit/cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                Can anyone identify these AE's? They say "Concord" on the insole, but all I can find by that name are the loafers. Thank you!
                The loafer is the Concord Ave. AE used to have a Concord short wing blucher. I believe it was on the 7 last. If you can see the 4-digit model number still inside the shoe, the final digit will confirm what last it is.

Comment

Recommendation for a waterproof leather conditioner for clarks chukkas?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    Recommendation for a waterproof leather conditioner for clarks chukkas?
                    I've been using the Tarrago Hightech Nano Protector on my suede and nubuck boots. Works wonders. You can get it on Amazon. I think it works on all kinds of leather.

Comment

Going to a beach wedding and will be wearing my light grey cotton-linen blend J Crew suit (no longer on J Crew's website, this link has multiple photos) tieless with a white shirt and pocket square and trying to figure out what shoes to wear, any suggestions? I don't own any monk straps but considering picking up a pair. I have a well worn pair of Cole Haan drivers (similar to this but I think the rubber is more subtle) but timid about pairing drivers with a suit. Or could go with oxfords, probably brown (but seems too formal?) or could go the other direction and wear white canvas sneakers (too informal?).

Comment

Might have a job interview next week. Senior Financial Analyst with a tech company, so not management but not entry level either.

Medium gray or navy suit? I'm assuming med blue suit or navy blazer with gray pants is too casual?

Black or brown shoes?

White or light blue shirt?

Tie color?
                        Last edited by Jarick; April 29, 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
                          Might have a job interview next week. Senior Financial Analyst with a tech company, so not management but not entry level either.

Medium gray or navy suit? I'm assuming med blue suit or navy blazer with gray pants is too casual?

Black or brown shoes?

White or light blue shirt?

Tie color?
                          I'll give it a shot.

Obviously "tech company" can cover a lot of ground and dress codes, so I'd first try and find out what other people are wearing there. The stereotype for tech is the "t-shirt, hoodie and flip-flops" thing, but I've worked with several tech companies that operate in the finance, pharma, legal sectors where the dress code ranged from professional casual to suit and tie. On top of that, it depends on the company's geographical location; a "tech company" in New York isn't the same as a "tech company" in Austin. Lastly, you'll be working in the finance area of the company (which means one way or another they'll be trusting you with money), so looking a little more conservative, "mature" and trustworthy probably won't be a bad thing. But again, most of this will depend on what your future bosses and others in your department are wearing on a day-to-day basis. Whatever that is, take it up a notch for the interview.

If it were me and it was a larger company operating in a more white collar services sector where I live: navy suit, white shirt, light blue tie with a small pattern (concession to spring), black shoes and belt.

Comment

Very good points. I have a call with the recruiter I'm working with who should be able to shed some light.

We are in the Midwest so it's not as casual and fashion forward as the coasts. I'm guessing it's more of a white collar environment but it's very rare to have a business formal dress code in our market. Almost every company is "business casual".

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
                              Very good points. I have a call with the recruiter I'm working with who should be able to shed some light.

We are in the Midwest so it's not as casual and fashion forward as the coasts. I'm guessing it's more of a white collar environment but it's very rare to have a business formal dress code in our market. Almost every company is "business casual".
                              I guess the big question is: how casual is "casual"?

If it's leaning more towards the professional end of the "casual" spectrum (i.e. day-to-day wear ranges from button-ups, chinos and dress shoes to blazers/sport coats and ties), then personally I would go with the navy blazer, grey pants, white shirt, and stick with the black shoes and belt and a conservative tie. When it comes to a job where my responsibilities have anything to do with handling money, I think looking more traditional (dare I say "boring") is a plus.

Good luck! Hope you get the job!

Comment

Interesting. So you don't think a navy blazer with grey wool pants is too casual? For some reason "interview = suit" in my mind.

In our market, business casual tends to mean chinos with a polo or button-up shirt and loafers. My office is slightly more professional than that and my "uniform" is wool slacks with a button-up dress shirt and sleek dress shoes (although no ties or jackets normally).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X