Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=14380]Alpha King[/MENTION] -- I completely understand. I had to size up on a suit recently because the shoulders were too narrow (Brooks Brother Fitzgerald). There's lots of extra fabric. I still have to take it to the tailor, but I think it will end up looking good. Good luck.

Comment

What's a good price to pay for the Casio EF503D? Amazon currently lists it for $149.00 CDN.

Comment

Need some recs on where to get decent ocbds (comfortable and good value) with neck and sleeve sizing. I don't fit into the s/m/l categories of most places....

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_betts View Post
          Need some recs on where to get decent ocbds (comfortable and good value) with neck and sleeve sizing. I don't fit into the s/m/l categories of most places....
          I like L.L. Bean. I'd recommend the "classic" oxford cloth vs. any of the others as it doesn't seem to fall apart as quickly. Of/c, I hunt for these shirts at under $20. I'm not sure if they are really worth $50.

Edit: to be clear, it is always certain colors that go on clearance: pink, green/white, pink/white, yellow/gold, and orange. The size they have excess of is coincidentally always my size. My complexion can't really do orange or yellow, but I like the others. French blue, white, and light blue are always full price with them.
          Last edited by ianr; February 6, 2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_betts View Post
            How much are you willing to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              How much are you willing to spend?
              Idk, I guess it depends. I like to shop on value so I get my monies worth. Could be $50 or more, but if you showed me a good comfortable shirt at $30, I'd be all over it. $20s for sure...

Do you have options? Like under $50 and between $50-$100?

Comment

Gustin sells quality OCBDs for $75, but you would have to fit their mold, and Ratio does even better MTM OCBDs for $100.

Comment

Spier and Mackay.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                    Spier and Mackay.
                    They have neck sizing, but not sleeve-length sizing (i.e. only one sleeve length per neck size). That's better than just S/M/L, but check their size charts to see if they'll fit you. I haven't tried them, but they get lots of good press here, so I mean to one of these days. Their fixed sleeve lengths aren't right for me, but their MTM prices look really good, e.g. a plain blue oxford is $79 CDN = $57 US (as of today's exchange rates). And if you buy three or more, each one is $20 CDN cheaper, dropping it to ~ $42.50 USD. Buying several might be a little risky for your first MTM, but if you're stocking up, you could buy one at regular price (still pretty affordable), dial in the fit, then get more at their bundle price.

Comment

Lands end gets mentioned by Put This On for having a nice OCBD at a decent price. http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...46456-_-413632

Comment

what product would you recommend as a shoe conditioner that wont darken the leather?

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
                          what product would you recommend as a shoe conditioner that wont darken the leather?
                          Right now I've been using Cadillac boot and shoe care http://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Boot-.../dp/B00QPFB648 because that's what my local shoe guy carried. It works pretty well and doesn't really darken the leather. I know a lot of guys on here are big proponents of Saphir Renovateur https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-renovateur.html but not having used it, I can't comment on how it does with the leather color.

Comment

I use saphir renovateur, and it doesn't seem to darken my Allen Edmonds walnut shoes. You can find it for less on Amazon, but it is not cheap. A little goes a long way though. It cleans and conditions, and it does have a little bit of wax in it. If you only want to use one product for your shoes, this is the one to get.

Comment

I loaned my one and only tie bar to a friend and he's in New York. I need one for Saturday. Where can I get one for < $20? I don't care if it's pin style or pinch style, it's just gotta get the job done. Thanks!

Comment

You can usually find them at Macy's or wherever, near the ties, usually for just about $20.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X