Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if you have any experience in that sort of field, but based on my own ~5 years in law enforcement, I'm pretty confident that as long as you don't look like a peacock, no one will really care what you're wearing.

Comment

I know this sounds boring, but I would lose the striped shirt unless it is really subtle. I can barely stand plain shirts myself, but one would go well with the whole med-grey suit, brown capped-toe shoe look, imho.

Comment

I agree with the suggestion to lose the striped shirt, especially for an interview. Mid gray is great with a light blue solid shirt. But yes, given the field, I think you will be perfectly fine in a mid gray suit here.

Comment

Originally posted by el_ote View Post
          Would a medium grey Stafford be appropriate for an interview suit? I wanted a darker grey as I am not comfortable in the navy, but the only other color available during the most recent sales was charcoal which I usually like but this was much too black looking. I am thinking of pairing the suit with a white/grey stripped shirt and a pair of brown cap toes. I just ordered the suit as its been almost 10 years since I wore a suit and that one just doesn't fit like it used to...
          TIA
          -e
          Should be fine. Stick to a white or light blue shirt and a conservative tie.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I definitely do not want to over dress it, and i especially do not want to look like a peacock. I'm hoping for well dressed subtlety. I'll give my light blue shirt a try. I have plenty of time to fine tune the outfit.

Comment

Gold and light pink would probably also work, depending on the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                Gold and light pink would probably also work, depending on the shirt.
                Definitely don't do either of those for a job like this. Not in this field.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                  I keep hearing to the benefits of a navy hopsack jacket but don't see companies offer items by that exact name. Can someone post a link to a suit supply version, hopefully without peak lapels? Thanks!
                  Here is the hopsack Havana they have. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

That is a pretty sweet blazer. I was this close to buying it last time i was in chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                      Definitely don't do either of those for a job like this. Not in this field.
                      Sorry about that. I forgot it was for a government job.

Comment

Sorry about that. I forgot it was for a government job.
                        Heh, yeah. I have a couple of pink and lavender shirts but they definitely do not see use at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                          Heh, yeah. I have a couple of pink and lavender shirts but they definitely do not see use at work.
                          Pink is supposed to be an "optimism" color. I've read a few isolated studies on the subject. People respond positively to pink walls, clothes, paper, etc. Drunk tanks are painted light pink ostensibly to help drunk people calm down. I'm not aware of any meta-analyses or anything, but it seems right.

I could see it not being a good interview shirt color for a government job. I admittedly try to use this color shirt on purpose for the supposed optimism effect.

Comment

Pink is supposed to be an "optimism" color. I've read a few isolated studies on the subject. People respond positively to pink walls, clothes, paper, etc. Drunk tanks are painted light pink ostensibly to help drunk people calm down. I'm not aware of any meta-analyses or anything, but it seems right.

I could see it not being a good interview shirt color for a government job. I admittedly try to use this color shirt on purpose for the supposed optimism effect.
                            Optimism color? I feel more tense in a pink room. I'll allow mountbatten pink.

Comment

Why does SuitSupply advertise some of their jackets as having the hand pleated shoulder? What exactly does pleating the shoulder do? Does it create a higher/tighter armhole?

Comment

http://parisiangentleman.co.uk/acade...er-that-sings/

Comment

Working...
                                X