Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where would one get replacement buttons for a blazer? I bought one on ebay, but it is missing a button, so I might as well replace them all. I checked my local Michael's craft store and their options were not really suitable for outerwear.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
      Where would one get replacement buttons for a blazer? I bought one on ebay, but it is missing a button, so I might as well replace them all. I checked my local Michael's craft store and their options were not really suitable for outerwear.
      Not sure where you're at, but I've had luck at local (non-chain) sewing stores. A tailor would probably also have a decent selection, no?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
        Where would one get replacement buttons for a blazer? I bought one on ebay, but it is missing a button, so I might as well replace them all. I checked my local Michael's craft store and their options were not really suitable for outerwear.
        https://www.britexfabrics.com/buttons.html

        I've never ordered from them, but they have a huge selection.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
          Where would one get replacement buttons for a blazer? I bought one on ebay, but it is missing a button, so I might as well replace them all. I checked my local Michael's craft store and their options were not really suitable for outerwear.
          You can get buttons on eBay too, for a reasonable price. You can also check the local thrift stores. I once picked up a blazer for $5 just for the buttons (which were WAY nicer than the fabric)

          Comment


          • Quick question about sizing and lasts for Allen Edmonds...

            I have the following that seem to fit pretty well

            65 last = 10 3E
            511G last = 10.5 3E (<< I have 2 pairs in the last, and one seems to be a bit looser than the other)

            If I am looking at a shoe made on the 201 last (ex: Warwick). What might be my best guess for size? If I read the last's description correctly, the 201 is a bit wider than the 65, so maybe a 10 D or 10.5 D?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sbca View Post
              Quick question about sizing and lasts for Allen Edmonds...

              I have the following that seem to fit pretty well

              65 last = 10 3E
              511G last = 10.5 3E (<< I have 2 pairs in the last, and one seems to be a bit looser than the other)

              If I am looking at a shoe made on the 201 last (ex: Warwick). What might be my best guess for size? If I read the last's description correctly, the 201 is a bit wider than the 65, so maybe a 10 D or 10.5 D?
              Without knowing anything about the specific lasts, it seems like 3E to D is a big jump - you might consider 2E or E instead.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
                Where would one get replacement buttons for a blazer? I bought one on ebay, but it is missing a button, so I might as well replace them all. I checked my local Michael's craft store and their options were not really suitable for outerwear.
                If you're going to go through the trouble of replacing them, you should get a nice set in horn from eBay. Amazon has them too.

                Comment


                • What type socks do you all wear with chukkas? I've only got ankle socks for gym and dress socks for work shoes.

                  Comment


                  • Dress wool or cotton socks or thicker wool socks (cotton uniqlo or jcrew socks seem perfect for this setting).

                    Comment


                    • I just purchased this red black buffalo check flannel, and would like to wear it occasionally as a jacket over a dress shirt and tie. Any idea what would go well with it? White shirt with a black tie? My imagination isn't very good and Google images doesn't help.

                      http://i.imgur.com/7MiLhWg.jpg?1
                      http://i.imgur.com/JGJib0q.jpg?1
                      http://i.imgur.com/o003zl1.jpg?1

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                        What type socks do you all wear with chukkas? I've only got ankle socks for gym and dress socks for work shoes.
                        I wear thick boot socks with my clarks desert boots.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                          I just purchased this red black buffalo check flannel, and would like to wear it occasionally as a jacket over a dress shirt and tie. Any idea what would go well with it? White shirt with a black tie? My imagination isn't very good and Google images doesn't help.

                          http://i.imgur.com/7MiLhWg.jpg?1
                          http://i.imgur.com/JGJib0q.jpg?1
                          http://i.imgur.com/o003zl1.jpg?1
                          First off, that's an awesome flannel. Would love to have something like that.

                          Second, I couldn't remember seeing a look like what you're describing so I tried using google image search to get some ideas. Not much came up for flannel/buffalo check/cpo shirt worn over a dress shirt, and I didn't see any examples with a tie. This is the closest I could find to what you're describing. http://www.shopbird.com/product.php?productid=32800

                          So maybe try it with a white oxford cloth button down and a knit tie in order keep everything pretty casual. I'd be interested to see how that works out, but personally I don't think I would bother with the tie.

                          What pants and shoes were you thinking of using? Again I'd go casual so jeans and desert boots or something like that.

                          Comment


                          • I would stay away from a shirt and tie with that flannel

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                              What type socks do you all wear with chukkas? I've only got ankle socks for gym and dress socks for work shoes.
                              If it's really hot out, just terry cloth insoles.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                                First off, that's an awesome flannel. Would love to have something like that.

                                Second, I couldn't remember seeing a look like what you're describing so I tried using google image search to get some ideas. Not much came up for flannel/buffalo check/cpo shirt worn over a dress shirt, and I didn't see any examples with a tie. This is the closest I could find to what you're describing. http://www.shopbird.com/product.php?productid=32800

                                So maybe try it with a white oxford cloth button down and a knit tie in order keep everything pretty casual. I'd be interested to see how that works out, but personally I don't think I would bother with the tie.

                                What pants and shoes were you thinking of using? Again I'd go casual so jeans and desert boots or something like that.
                                Thanks, I'll try the ocbd and knit tie route.
                                Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                                I would stay away from a shirt and tie with that flannel
                                I have a grey black buffalo check flannel that I feel I can pull off the look decently well. The red is just much less versatile, it seems.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X