Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the Old Navy Classic Slim Fit Khakis? I need a cheap pair of khakis for use solely while playing golf so I wont care if they get muddy or dirty.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=919387002

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
      OK. Answer me this: 100 f*cking bucks more than at OConnells? Seriously, J. Crew? https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/N..._m_newarrivals

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/pro...cat=264&page=1

Makes me think I'd better grab one from O'C before they get wind and decide to jack their prices, too.
      Thing is, Baracuta is now owned by Italians, which explains the difference in price points. Fabric and fit has also changed. The jackets from O'Connell's and J.Crew are the British and Italian versions, respectively.

Comment

$299.99 Barbour bedale sage color. Found it at the orvis outlet in New Hampshire. Good price?

Comment

Good info. Thanks. How'd you know this?

So are the cheaper OConnells Baracutas just older stock, then, from when the British owned the company?

Originally posted by zxu426 View Post
          Thing is, Baracuta is now owned by Italians, which explains the difference in price points. Fabric and fit has also changed. The jackets from O'Connell's and J.Crew are the British and Italian versions, respectively.

Comment

Yes! From what I've seen, that's about $100 off the usual retail price.

Any Beauforts there for that price? Why was it at the outlet--any defects or anything like that?

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
            $299.99 Barbour bedale sage color. Found it at the orvis outlet in New Hampshire. Good price?

Comment

That's an ok price for an American retailer... but you can do better if you're willing to buy from a UK retailer.
              Ben

Comment

Isn't that about the same, Ben, with shipping? Oh, wait, I just noticed the free shipping... never mind.

Pretty nice price on a Beaufort there, too. About a hundred cheaper than anywhere here.
                Last edited by Duvel; June 20, 2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                  Good info. Thanks. How'd you know this?

So are the cheaper OConnells Baracutas just older stock, then, from when the British owned the company?
                  Here's the source:

http://putthison.com/post/4920707573...es-at-baracuta

The O'Connell's Baracuta is the older stock with Teflon coated cotton. The new models are made of 50/50 cotton/poly blend. See their web page here, under Care & Details:

http://www.baracuta.com/on/demandwar...6&cgid=br_shop

Comment

CountryAttire does free global delivery, so it works out to about $270.

Sadly they don't seem to be running the "free gift" promotion at the moment.

So I guess it would depend on if [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION] wants to save 10% and wait a week, or spend the extra $30 and have the jacket now. Not really a right or wrong way.
                    Ben

Comment

Right. Seems like a good place. Great prices, and great that the delivery is free. I will keep this place in mind when I pop for my Beaufort.

Another subject, what is an Orvis outlet like? Is it factory seconds, defective merchandise, etc.?

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      CountryAttire does free global delivery, so it works out to about $270.

Sadly they don't seem to be running the "free gift" promotion at the moment.

So I guess it would depend on if [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION] wants to save 10% and wait a week, or spend the extra $30 and have the jacket now. Not really a right or wrong way.

Comment

Anyone have experience with Bonobos casual shirts? They are having an extra 30% the ones on sale. Thinking about giving one a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                          Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the Old Navy Classic Slim Fit Khakis? I need a cheap pair of khakis for use solely while playing golf so I wont care if they get muddy or dirty.

I have a pair in navy I use for work. Reasonable quality, reasonable fit. I like my JCF Urban Slims better. The ON's are not as slim, but they're nice and soft and fit pretty good. I think they would suit you well for your intended purpose. Work dress code has changed a bit, so I'm going all ON for my work pants, and saving my better chinos for better purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post

No experience with those particular pants, but I'd recommend trying them on in-person if you can. Like a lot of cheaper brands, Old Navy's fit and sizing can be wildly inconsistent.
                            Ben

Comment

Can this suit jacket pass as a sport coat? I am looking at the toast glen plaid color. I'm thinking with the patch pockets and the glen plaid it could work. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Can this suit jacket pass as a sport coat? I am looking at the toast glen plaid color. I'm thinking with the patch pockets and the glen plaid it could work. Thoughts?
                                Seems reasonable -- it is fully lined, so may be kind of warm even with their 'climate control Cool Wool'. Didn't see what the lining was made from anywhere.

As an aside, I enjoyed reading the reviews. "This was tight on me". "Shitty construction bc patch pockets are cheap", etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X