Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading the article about the experience of Suit Supply...a drive to Atlanta may end up being in order...but I'm definitely going to check out the JCP, the J Crew, and the Macy's options as well.

Comment

At that price, I'd look at Spier & Mackay. Their stock is a little depleted right now, but I think spring/summer is supposed to be out soon. I've loved everything I've owned from them (although I'll caution you that they don't vanity size--adjust accordingly).

Also, I agree that navy > grey if you're to own just one suit. Just IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
        At that price, I'd look at Spier & Mackay. Their stock is a little depleted right now, but I think spring/summer is supposed to be out soon. I've loved everything I've owned from them (although I'll caution you that they don't vanity size--adjust accordingly).

Also, I agree that navy > grey if you're to own just one suit. Just IMHO.
        I will check them out.

Looking for something that will work all seasons. Redoing my wardrobe somewhat this year, still have quite a few things that just aren't quite my style compared to what I thought looked ok a few years back.

Probably will go navy first and follow up with a grey latter this year if I feel like it.

Comment

Just got an email from them for their Essential Suits. Haven't checked the site but I think they may be in stock again.

Comment

Looking to purchase 4 canvas duffel bags / weekenders for my groomsmen for my wedding next January. I know I have some time, but I'd rather get this out of the way. Was hoping for Gustin to have one available, but doesn't seem to be a current product offering. Any other recommendations similar to this (https://www.weargustin.com/store/911)? Looking to keep price <$150 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc999 View Post
              Looking to purchase 4 canvas duffel bags / weekenders for my groomsmen for my wedding next January. I know I have some time, but I'd rather get this out of the way. Was hoping for Gustin to have one available, but doesn't seem to be a current product offering. Any other recommendations similar to this (https://www.weargustin.com/store/911)? Looking to keep price <$150 each.
              Hudson Sutler is a good place to start (canvas, just not waxed). Weekenders go for around $120 and come in a few different colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc999 View Post
                Everlane has some nice looking weekenders, but my only complaint is the lack of a shoulder strap:

The navy with tan leather looks pretty awesome:

Comment

Originally posted by cal86 View Post
                  Hudson Sutler is a good place to start (canvas, just not waxed). Weekenders go for around $120 and come in a few different colors.
                  Thanks. Looks like all but the grey are currently sold out. I'll have to keep an eye on these.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                    Everlane has some nice looking weekenders, but my only complaint is the lack of a shoulder strap:

The navy with tan leather looks pretty awesome:

Thank you for the links- I didn't know Everlane made luggage until now. However, I'm personally not liking the style of the bag (looks like a giant tote bag) or the lack of shoulder strap as you mentioned. Maybe they'll offer a different style bag in the near future.

Comment

[MENTION=12466]Marc999[/MENTION] - these run about twice the price of the Gustin duffle, but look much nicer than the Gustin one (which has a more workwear vibe):

http://www.ernestalexander.com/bags#overnight

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                        [MENTION=12466]Marc999[/MENTION] - these run about twice the price of the Gustin duffle, but look much nicer than the Gustin one (which has a more workwear vibe):

http://www.ernestalexander.com/bags#overnight
                        Cheers for this. That's indeed a beast of a price tag for a weekender from there. The Duffel Bags fortunately look similar to the Gustin ones to me. I actually like the rustic leather of the Gustin ones more than the "don't touch it, you'll ruin it" look of these ones.

Comment

anyone which model is this barbou jacket is?

Comment

Alternative to dockers or are they decent for the price, go? Open to any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jbo View Post
                              Alternative to dockers or are they decent for the price, go? Open to any suggestions.
                              Dockers are my go to daily workhorse pant in the D1 and Alpha Slim fits. Its hard to beat them. I do like JCF Driggs though.

Comment

Originally posted by jbo View Post
                                The Alpha line is pretty popular here. You can also pick up Bonobos on eBay for around $45-50.

Comment

Working...
                                X