Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. Not bad. How slim (or not) is the fit?

Originally posted by Vic View Post
    Something more like these two.

This is the older style.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181421647186

This is the newer style.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181421980601

I have a couple of each style and they heavier material irons very nicely.

Regards,
    Vic

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
      Really! Wow, I never knew collar stays could be the deciding factor.
      It's not that I love collar stays so much, it's just that I've owned enough point-collar shirts without stay slots to know that the collars will tend to roll and wrinkle and flap around and otherwise be a PITA. So, these days I avoid shirts with collars that don't either button down or have collar stays.
      Ben

Comment

I see. I actually prefer that my casual shirts have that easiness to them. I don't want them to look perfect, whereas I would with a dress shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          I see. Not bad. How slim (or not) is the fit?
          I couldn't tell you off the top of my head but I'll take measurements when I get home of the one I own and have hanging up.

Regards,
          Vic
          "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Okay, sorry--measurements aren't really necessary. Just wondering generally on you if they feel/look more like a traditional fit, i.e., roomy, or if they are more like a contemporary slim fit, closer to the body.

Comment

So I went ahead and bought the orange monster (no, not that one).

It arrives Monday and I can't tell you how excited I am to dress up like a frumpy, unflattered, child firefighter.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

It arrives Monday and I can't tell you how excited I am to dress up like a frumpy, unflattered, child firefighter.

or worse, a Vols fan. I actually like the cut of it. That one in a blue a little darker than the other thing you posted and I would have fully endorsed that product.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  or worse, a Vols fan.
                  In my neck of the woods, the only thing inherently implied from wearing an orange garment is that the wearer would prefer not to get shot, so I think I'm safe on that score.
                  Ben

Comment

It's a little too close to burnt orange for this Aggie fan.

Comment

You're going to look adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        You're going to look adorable.
                        Don't I always?!
                        Ben

Comment

Don't I always?!

Comment

I'm itching to make some semi-major purchase this month. On the docket: A Baracuta G-9 and Persol sunglasses. My question: Which one?

Alternatively, should I skip the major purchase and just get a bunch of the little stuff I want?

I can't do both.

Comment

Seems like the time of year where you'd get more use out of sunglasses than a jacket.
                              Ben

Comment

True... . My basic problem is that I am not inclined to make these kinds of purchases for pragmatic reasons, e.g., the season or what I most could use. I could just as easily splurge on a heavy fisherman's sweater if it caught my eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X