This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Need some advice on dos and donts. What is acceptable to wear under a V-neck sweater besides a collared button up shirt? I realized most of my sweaters are v neck, not sure if I should invest in some crew neck sweaters. Are the following OK under v necks?

1) Crew neck tee (preferably not white)
    2) V neck tee (prefereably not white as well)
    3) Henley
    None.

Comment

Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
      Need some advice on dos and donts. What is acceptable to wear under a V-neck sweater besides a collared button up shirt? I realized most of my sweaters are v neck, not sure if I should invest in some crew neck sweaters. Are the following OK under v necks?

1) Crew neck tee (preferably not white)
      2) V neck tee (prefereably not white as well)
      3) Henley
      How about a turtle neck or a polo. V necks look best with a collar. You might get away with more if you have a shallower V.

Comment

is this consider a Prince Of wales pattern suit?
        http://i.imgur.com/1N8ZC4T.jpg

what patterns/ color makes a suit rustic?

Comment

Yes, that is a prince of wales (or glen plaid) suit. "Rustic" is a catch all term used to describe a suit that resembles either country styles (think browns, greens and reds, natural colours) or old fashioned hunting styles (tweeds, corduroys, durable fabrics in general). Plaids are generally associated with a rustic style (also houndstooth, to a degree), while stripes are considered more urban, however for obvious reasons that's a subjective generalization.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure that's a glen plaid (it looks like there's a faint cross in the middle of one of the blocks) but it's really close.

As for a rustic suit, I'd think a good rule of thumb would be for more texture = more rustic. Tweeds and corduroy more than worsted wool, plaids and houndstooth more than solids and stripes. Though it's not a perfect rule of thumb, velvet has tons of texture, is not rustic.

Comment

What do you all use to care for Beeswax Clark's Orginals? After only going w/ suede DBs I picked up a pair several months ago and they have gotten a ton of wear. Have developed a nice patina but could use a touch up. I was thinking a light coat of standard brown Kiwi. Yes, no? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mjn082 View Post
                What do you all use to care for Beeswax Clark's Orginals? After only going w/ suede DBs I picked up a pair several months ago and they have gotten a ton of wear. Have developed a nice patina but could use a touch up. I was thinking a light coat of standard brown Kiwi. Yes, no? Thanks.
                I've never polished mine. I just use AE's Conditioner Cleaner. I would definitely avoid any wax polish on them, though cream polish might be ok. Typically, waxed leathers don't take well to polish.

Comment

How often does JCF have a 30% off code? I want to pick up the Thompson suit but missed the boat on the recent 30% off sale.
                  Last edited by Shetenonu; February 8, 2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shetenonu View Post
                    How often does JCF have a 30% off code? I want to pick up the Thompson suit but missed the boat on the recent 30% off sale.
                    Its not about finding a code, its about when finding the overall lowest price code or not.

Comment

Does the Uniqlo Wool Blended Slim Fit Jacket look like it can be worn with jeans?

Comment

Looking at getting a new suit this year. Rarely wear suits so I'm only looking at getting one for now. Navy or Grey? Considering doing a 3 piece simply because it adds another element to a single suit.

Best site/store to utilize to purchase (not looking to spend a ton, just wondering what a lot of peoples go to place is)?

Comment

How much not a ton are you looking for? Suit Supply is the standard answer, starting at $400.

Also, for your only suit, I say Navy, it's slightly more versatile than grey.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                            How much not a ton are you looking for? Suit Supply is the standard answer, starting at $400.

Also, for your only suit, I say Navy, it's slightly more versatile than grey.
                            I wouldn't want to go over $400-500 most likely since I don't wear them for work or have too many occasions that call for it.

Comment

For a suit you don't plan on wearing terribly often, you might want to look at the JC Penny Claiborne Sharkskin suits if you can find them in store (they're apparently discontinued?) or the J Crew Thompson suits which are a bit cheaper.

Comment

I had an Alfani Red from Macy's that I had for a long time. Trim Fit, Slim Flat Front pants. With minor alterations to smooth the back between the shoulder blades and suppress the waist, it was a phenomenal suit. $225 for the suit + extra pair of pants + tailoring. I got the suit on clearance.. many complements.

Only reason I don't have it any more: I purchased it when I was very sick (6-7 year duration) and when I finally got better, I gained 40lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X