Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, only rarely can I fit into a 12 shoe (12.5 is ideal) so I figured 12 Bean Boot would be fine, if maybe a little big. WRONG. It's enormous. I guess I need an 11, which seems crazy to me. Of course, now they're out of stock online and in all stores until April.

So you might be waiting a while for Bean Boots.

Comment

Any recommendations for a shoe care kit? Something similar to this one:

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/synovi...esults-_-2_4_A

Comment

Originally posted by roughout View Post
        Is there a way to antique the white sole on these suede Chuck Taylor hi-tops? http://www.converse.com/regular/chuc...6953C_030.html
        Yes. Pick up some silver or black spray paint and lightly mist the white portions. LIGHTLY. MIST. Don't over do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_blu View Post
          Any recommendations for a shoe care kit? Something similar to this one:

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/synovi...esults-_-2_4_A
          How about that one? It's pretty nice. Seems to have everything you need to get started:

• Three tubes of creme polish: black, medium brown, neutral (2.5 oz. each).
          • Leather lotion (4 oz.).
          • Saddle soap (4.25 oz.).
          • Horsehair brush (6").
          • Shoe horn (7").
          • Two shine mitts.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            How about that one? It's pretty nice. Seems to have everything you need to get started:

• Three tubes of creme polish: black, medium brown, neutral (2.5 oz. each).
            • Leather lotion (4 oz.).
            • Saddle soap (4.25 oz.).
            • Horsehair brush (6").
            • Shoe horn (7").
            • Two shine mitts.
            Thanks. I guess my only reservation was in the quality of the products.

Comment

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I've gone full Dappered and invested in a tux after weighing the pros/cons. Though the site and forum were instrumental in helping me pick said tux, I need some advice for shoes. Namely, please don't tell me I need to go full black patent leather.

I will if need be, but my black Florsheims are worn out, so I need a new pair of black dress shoes anyway and would rather just replace them with something that can do double duty.

Comment

I was in a wedding in September, and the groom and 3 groomsmen were wearing black Park Avenues. Looked good with the tuxes, and can definitely be worn with a suit or business casual attire.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonr33 View Post
                  Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I've gone full Dappered and invested in a tux after weighing the pros/cons. Though the site and forum were instrumental in helping me pick said tux, I need some advice for shoes. Namely, please don't tell me I need to go full black patent leather.

I will if need be, but my black Florsheims are worn out, so I need a new pair of black dress shoes anyway and would rather just replace them with something that can do double duty.

Comment

The thing is, a tux is about as formal as you can get, and most dress shoes you'll find are less formal.

Granted, most people don't pay attention, and you can get away with almost anything if it's black, but if you care enough to ask a men's fashion site, I imagine you want something more appropriate. Maybe look into a plain toe oxford, like the AE Carlyle, and polish it as well as you possibly can.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                      I was in a wedding in September, and the groom and 3 groomsmen were wearing black Park Avenues.
                      This will be fine as long as nobody else is wearing patent leather shoes.

Comment

Park Ave and shine it up really well before you go out. It's a very versatile shoe. If you want to get a little fancier, then a black whole cut or plain toe might work.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the Superga 2750 COTU sneaker has a crepe sole? Amazon says it is crepe, which makes me worry it is going to be slick on wet surfaces like a pair of Clarks DBs I had that had a crepe sole.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for a good looking steel toed boot? I need some for work in the oil fields of West Texas/New Mexico. I'm in sales, so it's more just to follow the safety regulations of my customers than actually doing any work in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                              I mean the regular Bean boots, but the hunting boots are also a good option?
                              I suggest getting a full size down. If you can go to an actual store to try then out, it may save you time. II had to return two pairs before i found my size.

Comment

Working...
                              X