Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • does cedar hanger or cedar block like this below really repel moths?
    http://www.amazon.com/Calliger-Fresh...ds=cedar+block

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
      No, I haven't. What product would you recommend?
      I use the allen edmonds conditioner cleaner. Never tried anything else. It works fine. Others may be able to suggest different products.
      Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
      does cedar hanger or cedar block like this below really repel moths?
      http://www.amazon.com/Calliger-Fresh...ds=cedar+block
      Cedar doesn't repel moths. It masks the scent of the wool. Moths like wool. There has been some debate whether cedar will really help if you have a moth problem. I use cedar in my closet. I like the way it smells.

      Comment


      • Should I buy this Schott jacket from Nordstrom? It's on sale and fits me well.

        Comment


        • I don't like the contrast on the pockets and shoulders, so I wouldn't.

          Comment


          • Kind of an unusual material. What is it, wool with waxed cotton details?
            Ben

            Comment


            • I'm looking to dress up the Wolverine Mclean boots I recently purchased and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of specific laces that would do this. Any suggestions are appreciated.

              Comment


              • The white sole on "work boots" like a Red Wing moc - what's that called? A [BLANK] sole?

                Also - why is it white? What's the heritage? Lots of boot-makers have a similar model.

                Comment


                • I think they're called Wedge Soles, and they're shaped like that because people doing certain types of work don't want to risk having a heel get caught on something when walking around. Or so I understand it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Kind of an unusual material. What is it, wool with waxed cotton details?
                    Yep. 24oz wool with waxed cotton details.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rjpadin View Post
                      I'm looking to dress up the Wolverine Mclean boots I recently purchased and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of specific laces that would do this. Any suggestions are appreciated.
                      The flat waxed laces are really nice. I wouldn't advise replacing them with thinner, dress boot laces.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phatte View Post
                        The white sole on "work boots" like a Red Wing moc - what's that called? A [BLANK] sole?

                        Also - why is it white? What's the heritage? Lots of boot-makers have a similar model.
                        It's a "Christy" sole. It's for better stability on a work boot.

                        Comment


                        • Quick question on Bean boot sizing/height: I normally wear a 9d but the ball of my foot is pretty wide. I'll probably wear boot socks with them most of the time and I want the option to be able to tuck my pants into the top. Should I still size down or just go with my tts size? Is it worth it to go for the 12" over the 10" because I feel like the 10" is still tall enough to tuck pants but short enough to be convenient to take on and off.

                          Comment


                          • Is there a way to antique the white sole on these suede Chuck Taylor hi-tops? http://www.converse.com/regular/chuc...6953C_030.html

                            Comment


                            • Do you mean the Bean hunting boots? I am normally a size 13. I would have gone down a half size but no 12.5 so I bought the 13. Guess what? They really were too big and the size 12 fits me fine. My feet are narrow at the heel but wide at the ball. 10" should be plenty tall enough.

                              Comment


                              • I mean the regular Bean boots, but the hunting boots are also a good option?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X