Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with the Bonobos Milanese cords, could you tell me how you care for them? I just ordered a pair, but realized a little late that they are marked on the website as dry clean only. Is that true?

Comment

• Need some advice with suede: Looking to pick up these J Crew Kenton Pacer Boots on sale (plus a christmas gift card)
      http://goo.gl/w4AkN0

Should I go with the Sahara or Boulder (grey) suede? Want it to go with my casual attire (chinos/ jeans) and want the color that will hide salt/ rain stains better. What do y'all think?

Comment

• All those colors are pretty light so I doubt they would hide stains well. Better off doing some preventative suede treatment and then wearing the crap out of them. I like both those colors, but my vote goes for Boulder. I have a pair of gray suede desert boots that I really like with jeans.

Comment

• Agree w/ thedrake re: colors and especially just wearing the crap out of them. I vote for Sahara bc I'm not sure how well the gray will pair w/ varying shades of brown, whereas the sahara will def go w/ browns, blues, greens, etc.

Comment

• I'm in need of some casual shoes for chinos, jeans, and shorts and want to pick up some canvas sneakers. I am not sure what color to get though? White or grey? Or both if they both have their place?

Comment

• Most versatile boat shoe color?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                Most versatile boat shoe color?
                I like light gray.
                Not much contrast if you wear them bare-legged. Goes with pretty much any shade of pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
                  I'm in need of some casual shoes for chinos, jeans, and shorts and want to pick up some canvas sneakers. I am not sure what color to get though? White or grey? Or both if they both have their place?
                  Grey is easier to keep clean for longer, but white probably looks better in most cases while they're clean. I have a pair of white canvas shoes, but they're pretty dirty. I'll give one last go at trying to bleach them, but I don't foresee it working out too great. Loved them when they were new. Got a lot of compliments on them. Chicks dig superwhite kicks.

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                  Most versatile boat shoe color?
                  I always thought a dark tan or chestnut was the way to go with boat shoes, but a regular brown might be more versatile.

Comment

• Does anyone have adult experience with white boxer briefs? I'm thinking of switching from whateverthefuckcolorscomeinthepackage to white in an attempt to make my laundry situation more balanced.

Comment

• How tacky is black on black on black? I have some black on black selvedge denim that I love and was debating pairing it with a black corduroy blazer tonight. Underneath that I have some nice colors I can wear or go with a casual black cotton shirt.

Follow up question:
                      If all black isn't too tacky how about just using the pocket square as the accent? I have a white cotton with black edge or a navy and god paisley silk that is fantastic.

Comment

• [MENTION=12347]BoGeen[/MENTION] - Not tacky. It's pretty basic streetwear style actually. If you wear it, bring a little swagger alongside. Do a google image search for "Kanye all black everything" and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

• It can be done. Do mind to stay on the streetwear edgy awesome side and avoid frumptastic. Would be easier with a black velvet blazer or leather jacket if you have either. If you have burgundy it'd go well somewhere in the look.

Comment

• I have some burgundy dress shoes that have black scuffs on them (mostly on the inside edges by the heel, presumably from hitting one shoe with the other). How can I remove these? A single round of polishing doesn't help much (though it does a little). Do I just need to repeatedly polish these areas? Or is there a better way?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                              I have some burgundy dress shoes that have black scuffs on them (mostly on the inside edges by the heel, presumably from hitting one shoe with the other). How can I remove these? A single round of polishing doesn't help much (though it does a little). Do I just need to repeatedly polish these areas? Or is there a better way?
                              Have you tried leather cleaner and elbow grease?

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Have you tried leather cleaner and elbow grease?
                                No, I haven't. What product would you recommend?

Comment

Working...
                                X