This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobellis75 View Post

Or I might just go with a solid white square.

Thanks.
    This gets my vote.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for a tan coloured, leather dress belt. Where can I find one?

Comment

Noob here.
        What do you call this type of patterning? It's like.. same colour mini-stripes [Edit: Oh, I see they're called Shadow Stripes]. While, we're on this topic, is wearing this type of blazer allowed with solid black dress pants? Or what about even thinly-grey-striped black dress pants?
        http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTUzM1gxMjk5/z/wj8AAOSw7NNT8Pmp/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Also, how much of a difference is there with BAR III extra-slim to slim? I'd try it on in-store, but I'm a Canadian with no Macy's around. I'm a fairly slim individual, and it seems BAR III is the way to go for cheap slim blazers. I'm 5'7, 140 lbs, 37-38in chest, with 28in jeans.

Thanks!
        Last edited by asdfvtn; December 19, 2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I'd call that fabric self stripe, some people call "shadow stripe" a pattern with a darker thin stripe along the edge of the other stripes, like a shadow (hence the name).

Comment

For what it's worth I went with square as folded in pic 2. Wore a blue shirt. I guess it worked as I received many compliments from female coworkers, which is fine by me.

Comment

Does anyone have any real world information on what to expect from "recycled cashmere"?

Comment

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a cognac coloured dress belt for a long time and can't find anything I like! Any suggestions? ($40-$50ish range)

Comment

I'm looking for a light casual-y jacket I can wear with henleys and also layer over a hoodie for less clement days. Yes, I use the hood.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience letting out JCF blazers at the waist? I need an extra .5"-.75" and wasn't sure if they leave enough material to make it happen. Normally their cuts OTR are spot on for me, but I'm having a hard time zeroing in on this one. Thanks.

**I apologize if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but the search function failed me.**

Comment

Need some advice on casual style: I've got a Uniqlo OCBD that I like to wear untucked for casual outings. I just threw on some cords and a light cardigan since it is a little chilly here this morning, and I'm not sure what to do with my shirt. Untucked the front of the shirt peaks out a little from the bottom of the cardigan. Not really too bad. The back is my dilemma, the shirt tail is obviously a little longer than the front so more of it peaks out from under the bottom of the cardigan. It is not so long that the shirt couldn't be worn untucked alone, but I'm not sure what to do with a cardigan/sweater on top and the tail peaking out quite a bit more than the front.

What do you guys do for casual styling like this?

Comment

Ask a quick question, get an answer

[MENTION=12501]unnamedplayer[/MENTION]: My default is to tuck it in under a sweater of any kind. It can be a little wrinkly if you take the sweater off and untuck it, but if it's a casual look overall, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

[MENTION=12501]unnamedplayer[/MENTION] Go to your tailor and get it turned into a popover?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            [MENTION=12501]unnamedplayer[/MENTION]: My default is to tuck it in under a sweater of any kind. It can be a little wrinkly if you take the sweater off and untuck it, but if it's a casual look overall, it shouldn't be a problem.
                            Fair enough. I was worried about tucking and then untucking if I remove the sweater and having the shirt tail be all wrinkly but I guess like you said it is casual so I probably shouldn't worry so much. Cant have everything perfect.

Fwiw, I noticed my sweater was kinda bunching up in the back so I just pulled it down a bit (carefully trying not to stretch it too much) and that minimized the tail sticking out a bit.

[MENTION=11987]Aaron P.[/MENTION] Don't want to do that because I like the shirt as is and it is helpful when tucking. I think its just a case of wanting the perfect in each scenario.

Comment

Suit cuts ?
                              I am 5,10" and 200 pounds. Squarish frame - not even remotely athletic . I am looking for solid black and solid dark blue suits for under $500, something that will look slimming on my frame. Any suggestions on what type of suit cut (fit?) and material I should be looking for ? I was looking at suit supply's website but couldn't understand why type of cut I should go for. Also open to suggestions on store as well.
                              thanks

Comment

Generally it's suggested to start with the Napoli. Depending on how not remotely athletic you are, you may need to size up a bit, they're still reasonably slim, but not so much as their other cuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X