X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JayS
    replied
    Originally posted by JayS View Post
    I wore them for 15-20mins and my feet still hurt the next day. After talking with a couple of their CSRs I sent back and ordered a pair of 10 EE. They should arrive today so I’ll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got the 10 EE and... still pretty narrow. Don’t feel too crazy uncomfortable but with a pretty wide V in the laces. Gonna try a 10 EEE. Guessing my shoe bank options are gonna be pretty limited going forward.

Leave a comment:

• JayS
    replied
    Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
    I have Daltons and Fifth Aves both in 10.5D, and while the Daltons feel a bit roomier, the Fifth Aves are still comfortable. How many times have you worn them? They do take some breaking in...
    I wore them for 15-20mins and my feet still hurt the next day. After talking with a couple of their CSRs I sent back and ordered a pair of 10 EE. They should arrive today so I’ll report back.

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnR View Post
    I've done this with 2, since I look like Columbo in them OTR. I've done it with both a heavy wool topcoat and a lightweight wool raincoat.
    Thanks man! I'll give it a shot then on mine. I have to order 46 because I have long arms, even though I'm really like a 44L. Unfortunately S&M doesn't sell L sizes in their coats.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    Originally posted by Arête View Post
    Has anyone gotten a topcoat/overcoat tailored in the waist?

I have a few Spier and Mackay topcoats/polo coats that are a little big in the waist, and I'd like to slim them some. I assume this can be done just fine?
    I've done this with 2, since I look like Columbo in them OTR. I've done it with both a heavy wool topcoat and a lightweight wool raincoat.

Leave a comment:

• MIS997
    replied
    I own AE Daltons in 10.5 E and they fit great. Just ordered Fifth Ave in 10.5 E and they fit like a vise. Wore for ten minutes and my feet still hurt 12 hrs later.

Anyone own both Daltons in 10.5 E and an AE 65 last shoe that’s comfortable? Or anyone suggest a conversion formula? Based on how it felt, thinking I need to go from 10.5 E to a 10 EEE... ?

Thanks all!

I have Daltons and Fifth Aves both in 10.5D, and while the Daltons feel a bit roomier, the Fifth Aves are still comfortable. How many times have you worn them? They do take some breaking in...

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied
    Has anyone gotten a topcoat/overcoat tailored in the waist?

I have a few Spier and Mackay topcoats/polo coats that are a little big in the waist, and I'd like to slim them some. I assume this can be done just fine?

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    I prefer the first one, worn as shown. You could probably alternate shades of brown and blue, but I normally like the sport coat to be darker than the pants.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    I'm looking at the Bonobos final sale sports coats, and like the look of this one, but not sure how versatile it is for wearing to work (i.e. with navy/gray/brown trousers):

The alternative would be one of these two, which seem a little too loud for work...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• HunterSouth
    replied
    Does anyone have experience with the technical suits from Ministry of Supply? I am intrigued by the technical fabrics and was hoping to get a Dappered review before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by ryn View Post
    This may seem like a dumb question, but Pearl & Co shoes for BB are in US, not UK sizes right?
    Yea they are US size. Don't know if Peal are still made by C&J though.

I own AE Daltons in 10.5 E and they fit great. Just ordered Fifth Ave in 10.5 E and they fit like a vise. Wore for ten minutes and my feet still hurt 12 hrs later.

Anyone own both Daltons in 10.5 E and an AE 65 last shoe that’s comfortable? Or anyone suggest a conversion formula? Based on how it felt, thinking I need to go from 10.5 E to a 10 EEE... ?

Thanks all!

Daltons are on the 511 last which is wider than the 65 last. I have heard of people sizing down then up a width but I did not do that so am not much of a help.

Leave a comment:

• JayS
    replied

Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• ryn
    replied
    This may seem like a dumb question, but Pearl & Co shoes for BB are in US, not UK sizes right?

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by BoM View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice\guidance on replacements for my current brown leather chukka boots.
    -Brown leather (not burnished, not too dressy or shiny, something that can take a bit of a beating-pebbled is fine, not suede)
    -resoleable
    -leather or rubber soles
    -At least 3 eyelets (so not a true chukka I guess) but no more than 5
    -toe shape and lines that make them nice enough to wear dressy casual
    -plain toe (no caps or perforations)
    -luckily can say price is not a concern

I'm having a heck of a time finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
    I love shopping for shoes on the internet, so here are a few more pairs I've found that more or less fit your description:

https://www.cobbler-union.com/collec...eum-brown-soho

Highly recommend Cobbler Union shoes.

https://www.shoepassion.com/mens-boots/no-601.html

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...chukka&start=1

https://meermin.com/in_en/1014681617...-e-marron.html

https://meermin.com/in_en/1014681120...alf-g-oak.html

https://www.jackerwin.com/collection...12411168161878

https://www.magnanni.com/shoes/boots/mundo-brown.html

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by BoM View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. I had never heard of Carmina, very cool to be able to customize to that level. It would be nice to find some that I could try in person before buying. Shoes fit my right foot much different than my left (old injury). Loake has a few that seem like they would fit the bill, not super easy to get access in person though.
    Not sure where you are, but Carmina has a store in NYC:

45e E 45th St, New York, NY 10017

Given the prices they charge for customized shoes, I'm sure they would be helpful on the phone as well.

Also, I think they carry them at Barney's in New York, San Francisco, and Beverly Hills.

https://www.carminashoemaker.us/store-locator

Oops . . . my bad. Barney's is going out of business. They have some other US locations if you follow the link.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; January 18, 2020, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BoM
    replied
    Thank you for the suggestions. I had never heard of Carmina, very cool to be able to customize to that level. It would be nice to find some that I could try in person before buying. Shoes fit my right foot much different than my left (old injury). Loake has a few that seem like they would fit the bill, not super easy to get access in person though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X