Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And Peak lapels are a kind of statement, for ones first suit, going with the notch lapels is probably safer, until you know for sure what you like.

    Comment


    • [MENTION=11235]Domino[/MENTION] Eh, I look at the choice between them and notches on a suit as deciding which is more flattering to your particular body type. Peaks are somewhat dressier, but 9/10 times they'll fit in just as well as notches.

      Comment


      • thoughts on bonobos peacoats?

        https://bonobos.com/products/wool-peacoat?color=navy

        thinking about picking up a navy

        Comment


        • How possible is it to shorten a jacket? Have a Ludlow in a 36R and I should have gotten a 36S. They apparently don't make the jacket anymore, and if they did, the fabric may be from a different mill. Would a tailor be able to make that happen? I wouldn't need too mac chopped to be honest.

          Comment


          • Assuming it's just a couple inches, I doubt it'd be a huge problem. In my limited experience with a couple tailors, shortening by ~1.5 inches is never an issue, and it tends to be relatively inexpensive.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ISM View Post
              How possible is it to shorten a jacket? Have a Ludlow in a 36R and I should have gotten a 36S. They apparently don't make the jacket anymore, and if they did, the fabric may be from a different mill. Would a tailor be able to make that happen? I wouldn't need too mac chopped to be honest.
              Sorry if you're already past this, but I would definitely confirm that is in fact too long using tip #3 in this older article.

              Comment


              • The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.

                Comment


                • I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                    I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?
                    Just guessing, but it's probably to handle the influx of holiday purchases.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                      I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?
                      I just ordered a watch from J. Crew via UPS/USPS and the post man knocked on my door at 6:55 this morning. WTH lol.

                      Comment


                      • Weird. My USPS came at 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm today.

                        Comment


                        • Anyone have a Tissot Le Locle? If so, are you satisfied?

                          I've never seen one in person but my tongue rolls out of my mouth when I see pictures. I'm locked in an epic mental battle of need vs. want right now!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                            The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.
                            Can't comment on the fit of the Dock, but I have the Bayswater in Large and it fits perfectly, fitted but comfortable. 5'11", 215 lb, also 36x30, 44R in JC and JCF.

                            Comment


                            • been looking at the allen edmonds weybridge since fri. price dropped $2 to $257! think it'll get any lower? It is a closeout style...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                                The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.
                                i have the thinsulate bayswater in small/slim and dock in small and the bayswater fits me perfectly while the dock is a little snug. unless mine are mishaps, i'd be a little concerned that the large on the bayswater may be a little too big if the dock fits well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X