Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Peak lapels are a kind of statement, for ones first suit, going with the notch lapels is probably safer, until you know for sure what you like.

Comment

[MENTION=11235]Domino[/MENTION] Eh, I look at the choice between them and notches on a suit as deciding which is more flattering to your particular body type. Peaks are somewhat dressier, but 9/10 times they'll fit in just as well as notches.

Comment

thoughts on bonobos peacoats?

https://bonobos.com/products/wool-peacoat?color=navy

thinking about picking up a navy

Comment

How possible is it to shorten a jacket? Have a Ludlow in a 36R and I should have gotten a 36S. They apparently don't make the jacket anymore, and if they did, the fabric may be from a different mill. Would a tailor be able to make that happen? I wouldn't need too mac chopped to be honest.

Comment

Assuming it's just a couple inches, I doubt it'd be a huge problem. In my limited experience with a couple tailors, shortening by ~1.5 inches is never an issue, and it tends to be relatively inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ISM View Post
              How possible is it to shorten a jacket? Have a Ludlow in a 36R and I should have gotten a 36S. They apparently don't make the jacket anymore, and if they did, the fabric may be from a different mill. Would a tailor be able to make that happen? I wouldn't need too mac chopped to be honest.
              Sorry if you're already past this, but I would definitely confirm that is in fact too long using tip #3 in this older article.

Comment

The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.

Comment

I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                    I just noticed that many of my packages are being transferred from UPS/ FedEx to the Post Office, and the post office is making deliveries twice a day now. What's the deal with that?
                    Just guessing, but it's probably to handle the influx of holiday purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                      I just ordered a watch from J. Crew via UPS/USPS and the post man knocked on my door at 6:55 this morning. WTH lol.

Comment

Weird. My USPS came at 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm today.

Comment

Anyone have a Tissot Le Locle? If so, are you satisfied?

I've never seen one in person but my tongue rolls out of my mouth when I see pictures. I'm locked in an epic mental battle of need vs. want right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                            The J Crew Dock peacoat fits me very well in large, but I would really like the Bayswater for the high armholes and more tapered cut. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me if a large Bayswater will fit similarly to the large Dock? I'm 6' 205 lb, and wear a 42L and 36x30 at J Crew Factory.
                            Can't comment on the fit of the Dock, but I have the Bayswater in Large and it fits perfectly, fitted but comfortable. 5'11", 215 lb, also 36x30, 44R in JC and JCF.

Comment

been looking at the allen edmonds weybridge since fri. price dropped $2 to $257! think it'll get any lower? It is a closeout style...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                                i have the thinsulate bayswater in small/slim and dock in small and the bayswater fits me perfectly while the dock is a little snug. unless mine are mishaps, i'd be a little concerned that the large on the bayswater may be a little too big if the dock fits well.

Comment

Working...
                                X