This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    Does it fit fine when you put it on? Im a 7.5 in AE Park Aves and I would even say my 7.5 Wolverine 1k's fit a bit tight in the toe box. Here is how my feet looks in comparison to the shoe
    they fit fine if i wear the kirkland wool socks, they will be lose if i wear thin dress socks. Do you have the bowing problem with your 7.5 AE PA? I do have the bowing problem with my 7.5D PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      I think "massive" is a bit exaggerated. Wolverine 1K are generally considered to run a 1/2 size large (I wear a 9.5 dress shoe and 9 in 1K). Of course you will find some divergent opinions on the interwebs, but if you search I think you'll find that getting them 1/2 size down is the common recommendation.
      I've definitely seen divergent opinions on the internet with regards to these boots, but in my experience they do indeed run massive. I tried two different pairs of the 1k boots and came to that conclusion. Everyone's feet are different of course.

Comment

How versatile is a chestnut color topcoat? It never gets mentioned among the navy and camel colors.

Something like

Last edited by VeNOM; November 26, 2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

i have a peacoat that is in between those two colors above. Its good to switch it up between the navy/black/grey that we see everywhere. The maroon was also available when I bought last year but I didn't think I could pull it off.

Comment

What can a burgundy blazer be paired with?

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
              What can a burgundy blazer be paired with?
              How about one of these?

Comment

What's the physical difference between a combat boot and a work boot?
                They look very similar and I can't find any "rules" to define one from another other than their original use. And I think combat boots tend to be taller, but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by ISN View Post
                  What's the physical difference between a combat boot and a work boot?
                  They look very similar and I can't find any "rules" to define one from another other than their original use. And I think combat boots tend to be taller, but not always.
                  I would think they would be similar. Work boot will be larger in the toe because of steel toes. I don't think combat boots have steel toes? Color mostly? consistently black vs. usually brown of some kind.

Comment

[MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION] To make things even more complicated, I ordered another pair of 1K's in 7.5 and this one is indeed massive like others have mentioned.
                    Size Comparison
                    One of them says 7.5D (the bigger one) and one says 7.5B? (The one that fit snugly in the toe box)

Did I get fake 1Ks? I truly confused now... Both sellers only mentioned size 7.5

Comment

[MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION] To make things even more complicated, I ordered another pair of 1K's in 7.5 and this one is indeed massive like others have mentioned.
                      Size Comparison
                      One of them says 7.5D (the bigger one) and one says 7.5B? (The one that fit snugly in the toe box)

Did I get fake 1Ks? I truly confused now... Both sellers only mentioned size 7.5
                      Maybe the 7.5b is the women boots and 7.5d is the men, since the d is longer than the b. Where and whom did u purchased your 1k from?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                        Maybe the 7.5b is the women boots and 7.5d is the men, since the d is longer than the b. Where and whom did u purchased your 1k from?
                        I got the B's from Madison Los Angeles (I am pretty sure it was in the male section, but I can not recall) and the 7.5D's from fsfashionny. Both were simply listed as "size 7.5"
                        For the record, the boots from fsfashionny did not seem like seconds at all, just a bit dusty, but brand spanking new. The 1Ks from Madison Los Angeles are a bit discolored in places and had more lose threads and frayed edges, overall lower quality control than the fsfashionny ones (perhaps old stock?).

Comment

I got the B's from Madison Los Angeles (I am pretty sure it was in the male section, but I can not recall) and the 7.5D's from fsfashionny. Both were simply listed as "size 7.5"
                          For the record, the boots from fsfashionny did not seem like seconds at all, just a bit dusty, but brand spanking new. The 1Ks from Madison Los Angeles are a bit discolored in places and had more lose threads and frayed edges, overall lower quality control than the fsfashionny ones (perhaps old stock?).
                          B width shoes/ boots are usually made for women unless they are dress shoes/ boots. Just return the one that does not fit your feet well. Are both the same price?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                            B width shoes/ boots are usually made for women unless they are dress shoes/ boots. Just return the one that does not fit your feet well. Are both the same price?
                            After a bit of Googling, it seems like you are correct sir. The 7.5B's from Madison were final sale I will email customer service to see what they can do.

Comment

quick thoughts on this peacoat?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/topman-w...esults-_-1_1_A

down to $125

Comment

Topman is insta-nope. Fast fashion like Zara, but quality is worse from what I've heard. Looks stupidly slim for a peacoat. Consider Bonobos' options during the holidays, they often run their best sales of the year at this time. Also BR?

Comment

Working...
                                X