Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm looking to buy a coat for winter and I went to target to try out the Merona Pea Coat. It looked great, but the problem was that I was in-between sizes. The small looked perfect but was tight in the arms which wouldn't allow me to wear much underneath the coat, and the medium was a lot more comfortable, however it looked boxier. They also had a 4 pocket coat in herringbone that looked rather nice, but with the small I couldn't fully zip it up.

    I also noticed that Lands End is having a sale on outerwear which drops their pea coat down to $129, but I'm unsure on whether I should pull the trigger or not. I'm 5'9, about 160, measured at a 36R.

    Does anyone else have any other coat suggestions in this price range? I'm open to different styles of coats. And should I consider tailoring?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
      Can u condition the Dalton with coconut oil?
      Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
      I don't see why not? I thought coconut oil is pretty much good for anything, right?
      Ehhh I would hesitate to use food grade products on leather. Most food grade oils will eventually go rancid and may contribute to leather decay. I'd stick with products specifically formulated for leather care.
      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; November 23, 2014, 11:30 PM.
      Ben

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Ehhh I would hesitate to use food grade products on leather. Most food grade oils will eventually go rancid and may contribute to leather decay. I'd stick with products specifically formulated for leather care.
        Fair enough. I just can't ever find a leather care product that everyone agrees on.

        Comment


        • Anyone know if JCrew is amenable to code stacking? They're running 30% off online, plus I got an email code for $50 off $150 (I'm sure I'm not the only one...)--but I can only apply one or the other. Anyone have a feeling for whether a phone call would be worth it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
            Anyone know if JCrew is amenable to code stacking? They're running 30% off online, plus I got an email code for $50 off $150 (I'm sure I'm not the only one...)--but I can only apply one or the other. Anyone have a feeling for whether a phone call would be worth it?
            No they won't let you stack them if they are both promo codes. The way you "stack" with J Crew is to wait until they are doing a sale- i.e. marked down prices are as shown when you shop. They never run these "prices as marked" sales while they have 20-30% off codes active, but they will do $25 off $125, etc. or 20% off if you pay with your J Crew credit card. So you find an item you like on sale (or better yet, on Clearance) then you pop on that extra "X" off of "Y" code and you can get something like 70-80% if the stars align.

            Also recommend getting the JCrew credit card and saving up the $25 rewards cards they mail out for each $500 you spend.

            Comment


            • Not what I was hoping to hear, but confirmed my suspicions. Thanks!

              Comment


              • Speaking of J.Crew's 30% off sale, are they expected to have a better discount on black friday? I've been eyeing either the English wool elbow patch blazer or the blue wool flannel one, you usually don't see blazers/sportcoats for better than 30% off unless they are in the final sale section.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Moelman View Post
                  Speaking of J.Crew's 30% off sale, are they expected to have a better discount on black friday? I've been eyeing either the English wool elbow patch blazer or the blue wool flannel one, you usually don't see blazers/sportcoats for better than 30% off unless they are in the final sale section.
                  You could always pull the trigger now and then get it PA'd over the phone if there's a better sale on BF.

                  Comment


                  • wolverine 1k sizing? My brannock size is 7.5, and i have 7.5 in the 1k, but when i measure my feet with from the outsole to the toes, like from this picture, there seen to be an extra 3 inches where my big toe meet the boot.

                    http://i.imgur.com/8Wec5Xp.jpg

                    Comment


                    • Whoah, is the boot marked 7.5? That looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

                      Comment


                      • The Wolverine 1k Originals run massive. I sized down 1.5 from my sneaker size and could have gotten away with another half.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
                          Fair enough. I just can't ever find a leather care product that everyone agrees on.
                          This frustrates me to no end. I think I will use lexol leather conditioner on my boots, since I don't want to use anything that will darken or significantly shine it, but still prevent leather drying.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                            wolverine 1k sizing? My brannock size is 7.5, and i have 7.5 in the 1k, but when i measure my feet with from the outsole to the toes, like from this picture, there seen to be an extra 3 inches where my big toe meet the boot.

                            http://i.imgur.com/8Wec5Xp.jpg
                            I feel like that is a mismarked boot. I'm a Brannock 7.5D and my 7.5 Wolverine 1k Krause boots fit spot-on with a pair of thick socks.
                            Ben

                            Comment


                            • Does it fit fine when you put it on? Im a 7.5 in AE Park Aves and I would even say my 7.5 Wolverine 1k's fit a bit tight in the toe box. Here is how my feet looks in comparison to the shoe

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                                wolverine 1k sizing? My brannock size is 7.5, and i have 7.5 in the 1k, but when i measure my feet with from the outsole to the toes, like from this picture, there seen to be an extra 3 inches where my big toe meet the boot.

                                http://i.imgur.com/8Wec5Xp.jpg
                                Those must have been mismarked - maybe a 9.5 or even larger. Those are huge.

                                Originally posted by 302w View Post
                                The Wolverine 1k Originals run massive. I sized down 1.5 from my sneaker size and could have gotten away with another half.
                                I think "massive" is a bit exaggerated. Wolverine 1K are generally considered to run a 1/2 size large (I wear a 9.5 dress shoe and 9 in 1K). Of course you will find some divergent opinions on the interwebs, but if you search I think you'll find that getting them 1/2 size down is the common recommendation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X