Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Brooks Brothers cardigan that I have had for a little bit. My biggest hang up on it is that it is just a little long in the sleeves, otherwise great fit. Is there a way that I could get it altered or a best way to possibly shrink it just enough to bring the sleeves up enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by cal86 View Post
      I have a Brooks Brothers cardigan that I have had for a little bit. My biggest hang up on it is that it is just a little long in the sleeves, otherwise great fit. Is there a way that I could get it altered or a best way to possibly shrink it just enough to bring the sleeves up enough?
      Definitely wouldn't attempt shrinking and risk ruining the sweater. A tailor should be able to shorten the sleeves.

Comment

• Originally posted by 302w View Post
        Definitely wouldn't attempt shrinking and risk ruining the sweater. A tailor should be able to shorten the sleeves.
        Any idea on what something like that would cost?

Comment

• Originally posted by cal86 View Post
          Any idea on what something like that would cost?
          I've never done a sweater, but a suit jacket always costs me $35 for sleeve shortening. Will vary depending on where you live, that rate is probably higher than it would be in smaller city/town.

Comment

• Where online would one go to buy some quality replacement buttons for a blazer?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayS View Post
              Where online would one go to buy some quality replacement buttons for a blazer?
              You can try www.britexfabrics.com or eBay - there are tons of sellers for buttons. What type of buttons are you looking for? There was an eBay seller I've seen recommended, but can't remember the username... I've bought some from my tailor (some will have some collections) and from G. Street Fabric (a fabric store).

And check out this thread: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...Blazer-buttons

EDIT: 1000th Post!

Comment

• Any of you guys have tips on not getting coconut oil in brogueing when conditioning boots. Specifically asking about those sweet, sweet Daltons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
                  Any of you guys have tips on not getting coconut oil in brogueing when conditioning boots. Specifically asking about those sweet, sweet Daltons.
                  Rip a paper towel up into little bits, and pack them into the holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayS View Post
                    Where online would one go to buy some quality replacement buttons for a blazer?
                    Etsy.

Comment

• What kind of Black Friday sales does J Crew have in their B&M stores?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
                        Any of you guys have tips on not getting coconut oil in brogueing when conditioning boots. Specifically asking about those sweet, sweet Daltons.
                        Can u condition the Dalton with coconut oil?

Comment

• Would you wear something on the lines of this casually (dark red/burgundy color, cut)?

http://www.hugoboss.com/de/bikerjack...u50248552.html

Comment

• [MENTION=12931]idevarona[/MENTION] Your link's broken mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
                              [MENTION=12931]idevarona[/MENTION] Your link's broken mate.
                              http://www.hugoboss.com/de/bikerjack...u50248552.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                                Can u condition the Dalton with coconut oil?
                                I don't see why not? I thought coconut oil is pretty much good for anything, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X