This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
    Born and raised in Houston and now stuck in Dallas... I miss it.
    I live in Houston but have been working in Dallas recently during the week. I think I prefer Dallas over Houston although the traffic seems to be worse here.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      90/10, I think. I tried the 100% wool J Crew version and I couldn't even tell a difference. $78 is a steal.
      Thanks - just got confirmation from customer service that is 92% wool / 8% nylon, so pretty similar. I ordered it last night - looking forward to receiving it!

Comment

I've never bought a pair of Chuck Taylors before and am trying to figure out the sizing. I've read that they run large, but I can't tell if that's compared to dress shoes, Nikes, etc. If I'm a 9 in most dress shoes, should I get the chucks in an 8.5D? I'm a 9 in AE's, 8.5 in Alden Barrie last, 8.5 in Clarks DBs, and 9 in Converse Jack Purcells.

Comment

Chucks are pretty widely available in any generic shoe store (Famous Footwear, etc.). I'd recommend just trying them on.

FWIW I am a true 7.5D according to a Brannock device, wear anything from 7 (pac boots, slippers) to 8 (dress shoes) due to my high instep, and 7.5 in Chucks works for me.
          Last edited by LesserBlackDog; November 20, 2014, 11:29 AM.
          Ben

Comment

I'm not sure what my Brannock device measurement is, but I wear a 13D in most shoe sizes. I tried a 13 in chucks and they felt huge. I ended up with 12 and it fit well. But yeah, I'd just go somewhere and try them on.

Comment

I was going to pick up a pair from the Barneys warehouse sale so no time to try on a pair. I was loking at the John Varvatos ones since the reviews on Zappos say they have a better padded insole than normal chucks.

Comment

I also wear Chucks true to size. I'm a Brannock 9.5D and I wear 9.5 Chucks. But I've never tried on the Varvatos ones, so I have no input there.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                  90/10, I think. I tried the 100% wool J Crew version and I couldn't even tell a difference. $78 is a steal.
                  I'm a little concerned by the elbow patch location on it. They look kind of far down onto the forearm. How do they measure up in person?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
                    I'm a little concerned by the elbow patch location on it. They look kind of far down onto the forearm. How do they measure up in person?
                    ?? No elbow patches on the jacket I'm referring to: this one from JCF.

Comment

Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                      ?? No elbow patches on the jacket I'm referring to: this one from JCF.
                      Ahh yes, I misread. My fault!

Comment

anyone own any barney footwear?

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barn...Fj0pfTHsObWBcg

Comment

Trying to put together an outfit with a new sportcoat. Which tie would you wear with this jacket? My two picks are a navy textured silk tie or a burgundy knit tie. I also be wearing navy chinos and either sandy bucks or walnut AE daltons.

Burgundy Tie

Navy Tie

Both Ties

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
                          Last edited by mb77; November 21, 2014, 02:22 AM. Reason: Links

Comment

Originally posted by mb77 View Post
                            Trying to put together an outfit with a new sportcoat. Which tie would you wear with this jacket? My two picks are a navy textured silk tie or a burgundy knit tie. I also be wearing navy chinos and either sandy bucks or walnut AE daltons.

Burgundy Tie

Navy Tie

Both Ties

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
                            The poor quality pictures make this difficult but I would say the blue tie since it compliments the blue in the jacket. Maybe too much blue with the cardigan?

Comment

I'm partial to burgundy in this case. If you changed the sweater out, I might change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                                I've read that their house brand stuff us usually very decent.

Comment

Working...
                                X