Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I post this in the wrong thread? Should I open a new thread?

Comment

• I'd ask on Styleforum in either the Ask a Question or one of the shoemaker threads. They'll be more knowledgeable and helpful about your question I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
        Does anyone have any experience with J. Crew Factory jeans? Need a staple dark jean and was looking at the Sutton, but I'm wondering how heavy these jeans are? I tried to contact JCF and they told me:

Not sure what that means exactly. I was trying to find out is it heavy denim (>12 oz) medium weight (10-12 oz), etc. Anyone got any experience?
        Rockin' my first pair of Suttons for the last few weeks now. I like them very much. Not sure about actual weights, but I can tell you relatively they're lighter than my Levi's 501/505's and heavier than my JC garment dyed jeans. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Does J. Crew ever have sales on their watches? Eyeing the Timex 1600, didn't know if it would be possible to snag it cheaper for the $148 its at now. I guess this is quite a bit cheaper than the $200 it used to be a few years ago but still.

Comment

• Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?

Comment

Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?
              Totally fine.

Comment

• I do that also.

Comment

Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?
                  I do this all the time.

Comment

• did suit supply have a black friday sale last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                      did suit supply have a black friday sale last year?
                      Their outlet was open from about 11/10 to just before Thanksgiving I think. That's the only "sale" they've ever run, I think. If only I had bought more...

Comment

• I'm going to purchase a bow tie for an event, and as I have very few times I might ever need it, I'm just going cheap with Tie Bar. What's the difference between a "self-tie" and "pre-tied"? Would the pre-tied be noticeable? Is it like a clip on? On the other hand... is it really that hard to tie a bow tie that they need to offer this pre-tied option?

Comment

• Originally posted by phatte View Post
                          I'm going to purchase a bow tie for an event, and as I have very few times I might ever need it, I'm just going cheap with Tie Bar. What's the difference between a "self-tie" and "pre-tied"? Would the pre-tied be noticeable? Is it like a clip on? On the other hand... is it really that hard to tie a bow tie that they need to offer this pre-tied option?
                          Self-tied, unsurprisingly, means you have to tie the knot yourself. Both clip-on and pre-tied have the knot already in place. Clip-on literally has a clip that you attach where your collar opening is; pre-tied has a strap that loops around your collar and then hooks into the knot area.

That wasn't very articulate, so this.

Comment

• Thanks! That picture reminded me that bow ties look great untied. I think I'll give it a try.

Comment

• Sounds like you've already decided, but just to answer one of your questions: bow ties aren't that hard to tie. Takes a little practice to get a good knot, just like for regular ties, but it's not substantially harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by phatte View Post
                                Their outlet was open from about 11/10 to just before Thanksgiving I think. That's the only "sale" they've ever run, I think. If only I had bought more...
                                I bought one stupid suit and it's my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X