Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Did I post this in the wrong thread? Should I open a new thread?

    Comment


      I'd ask on Styleforum in either the Ask a Question or one of the shoemaker threads. They'll be more knowledgeable and helpful about your question I think.

      Comment


        Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
        Does anyone have any experience with J. Crew Factory jeans? Need a staple dark jean and was looking at the Sutton, but I'm wondering how heavy these jeans are? I tried to contact JCF and they told me:



        Not sure what that means exactly. I was trying to find out is it heavy denim (>12 oz) medium weight (10-12 oz), etc. Anyone got any experience?
        Rockin' my first pair of Suttons for the last few weeks now. I like them very much. Not sure about actual weights, but I can tell you relatively they're lighter than my Levi's 501/505's and heavier than my JC garment dyed jeans. Hope that helps.

        Comment


          Does J. Crew ever have sales on their watches? Eyeing the Timex 1600, didn't know if it would be possible to snag it cheaper for the $148 its at now. I guess this is quite a bit cheaper than the $200 it used to be a few years ago but still.

          Comment


            Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?

            Comment


              Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
              Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?
              Totally fine.

              Comment


                I do that also.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
                  Is it ok to wear a solid (light) blue shirt with navy pants? Or is that too much blue?
                  I do this all the time.

                  Comment


                    did suit supply have a black friday sale last year?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                      did suit supply have a black friday sale last year?
                      Their outlet was open from about 11/10 to just before Thanksgiving I think. That's the only "sale" they've ever run, I think. If only I had bought more...

                      Comment


                        I'm going to purchase a bow tie for an event, and as I have very few times I might ever need it, I'm just going cheap with Tie Bar. What's the difference between a "self-tie" and "pre-tied"? Would the pre-tied be noticeable? Is it like a clip on? On the other hand... is it really that hard to tie a bow tie that they need to offer this pre-tied option?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by phatte View Post
                          I'm going to purchase a bow tie for an event, and as I have very few times I might ever need it, I'm just going cheap with Tie Bar. What's the difference between a "self-tie" and "pre-tied"? Would the pre-tied be noticeable? Is it like a clip on? On the other hand... is it really that hard to tie a bow tie that they need to offer this pre-tied option?
                          Self-tied, unsurprisingly, means you have to tie the knot yourself. Both clip-on and pre-tied have the knot already in place. Clip-on literally has a clip that you attach where your collar opening is; pre-tied has a strap that loops around your collar and then hooks into the knot area.

                          That wasn't very articulate, so this.

                          Comment


                            Thanks! That picture reminded me that bow ties look great untied. I think I'll give it a try.

                            Comment


                              Sounds like you've already decided, but just to answer one of your questions: bow ties aren't that hard to tie. Takes a little practice to get a good knot, just like for regular ties, but it's not substantially harder.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by phatte View Post
                                Their outlet was open from about 11/10 to just before Thanksgiving I think. That's the only "sale" they've ever run, I think. If only I had bought more...
                                I bought one stupid suit and it's my favorite.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X