X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    Good job on the weight loss! I think the outfit looks great. No changes on my end. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by nathan miller View Post
    Hello all,

I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

Let me know what you think, and thanks!

Nathan

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT
    Congrats on the weight loss!

Looks good from here. I often do rolled up sleeves and tucked in, but my look is a little more southern Preppy. I agree that lighter jean would look better, but it is almost full summer down here.

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    I could use a second opinion on this casual outfit

Hello all,

I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

Let me know what you think, and thanks!

Nathan

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.
    I have a jacket very similar to that, which I got at a J Crew outlet like a decade ago (maybe longer now). What you have is essentially a trucker jacket/field jacket hybrid. It's the length of a trucker jacket with field jacket details - lower patch pockets and olive drab canvass cut to trucker jacket length. I think that's what the designer was going for as the sleeves are the right length for you, just the torso is short compared to a classic field jacket. If you like the look I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you're going for a classic field jacket look it's definitely cropped, as those usually extend below the hips rather than hit at the hips like this does.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.

Leave a comment:

• theplayerking
    replied
    The proportions are completely off for a field jacket. Looks more like a bomber with field jacket fabric and detailing, which is rather silly. It should cover most of your crotch, like the sports coat. I'd return it.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Looks short to me, but probably depends in part on how tall you are, which isn't entirely evident from the picture.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

For me, yes. I'd return it.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'm just not used to short jackets, and it feels different. I am poking around for a longer one and seeing lots of short ones like this so maybe it's a thing this year.

Leave a comment:

• motosacto
    replied
    Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

So it's not a "real" M-51 or M-65 (as in military issue pattern made by a U.S. Govt. contractor), right? All bets are off regarding whether, objectively, it is too short or not. It all comes down to your opinion. You notice that it's short. If that bugs you, then I recommend you ditch it. If you are neutral or like it that way, then keep it. Simple.

My example: I have a French bleu de trevail jacket made by Bleu De Paname. It is short for a french work jacket, but I kinda like it. So I keep it in rotation...

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Yeah. It's a field jacket, but it's almost like they made it to fit like a trucker jacket. Too bad because I like everything else about it. Or maybe it's just for short people, lol.

Leave a comment:

• TheManJournals
    replied

If that's a field jacket, I think it should be longer.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Caronj
    replied
    Looking for the brand of hoodie worn by Jason Statham in the movie The Meg when he arrives on Mana One... any suggestion where to look?

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts over the course of my adulthood I've finally found success shaving with a double-edged razor. I found a razor handle and blades (both Muhle… happened to be on the shelf on sale at T.J. Maxx so I bought it on a whim) that work perfectly for me.

My question is for those of you who shave with DE (or similar) razors. What do you do with the used blades afterward? I know some razor brands come in packages that have a little disposal slot on the underside. The brand I've purchased doesn't seem to have that. I ended up just ordering a hazardous sharps disposal container online. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious? How else do you dispose of your used razor blades?
    I've shaved with double-edged razor for several years. I usually buy a 100 pack of Feathers, they have the little safety dealy, but I realize after your post that I'm just throwing the whole thing away.

This page has some info about a mail-in service.
    https://getrockwell.com/blogs/journa...-february-2019

Leave a comment:

Working...
X