Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dvg View Post
    Best place for cheap slim fit chinos?
    I love BR's Aiden chinos, but don't pay more than $35 for them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      I love BR's Aiden chinos, but don't pay more than $35 for them.
      I second this. Another option (although they'll be more colorful), is to hold off on Bonobos until they fall into the sale section. If they're in your size and a color you can stand, 30% of $50ish brings you right back into the $35 range.

      Comment


      • taking the chino question one step farther...best place to get a pair of chinos right now. As in I had a pair ruined and need to replace them in my rotation in the next 7 days or so.

        Aidens are about $42 right now
        Barrow is about $30
        Last edited by idvsego; August 19, 2014, 08:55 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          taking the chino question one step farther...best place to get a pair of chinos right now. As in I had a pair ruined and need to replace them in my rotation in the next 7 days or so.

          Aidens are about $42 right now
          Barrow is about $30
          The fits on those two are going to be very different. The Aiden's are pretty slim, and those Barrows sure aren't (18" leg opening!).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            The fits on those two are going to be very different. The Aiden's are pretty slim, and those Barrows sure aren't (18" leg opening!).
            good catch, I referenced the wrong pant. at the price [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] mentioned I assumed j crew factory, then pulled a pant that started with a B. dumb of me.

            Comment


            • Is is ok to mix tweeds? I picked up these brown donegal trousers for a song NWT off e-bay a while back http://www.orvis.com/p/county-donegal-tweed-pants/57ey Now I've been eyeing the JCF navy tweed sportcoat http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...5998/05998.jsp would it be ok to pair the two together w/ a white or light blue OCBD or would there just be too much texture going on? I really like the jacket & think I will pick it up regardless and pair w/ denim, wool trouser, & even cords but just wonder if tweed in two colors can be pulled off? Thanks.

              Comment


              • I feel like I'd have to see them side-by-side in person. It could be doable, but might look a bit weird if the overall scale of the pattern/texture is too similar on the two items. It's usually good to have a little bit of texture or pattern contrast between an odd jacket and trousers.
                Ben

                Comment


                • LBD: Yeah, that is how I feel everytime I look at the web images. I think you can only tell in person. I am leaning toward picking it up to wear with other pants so if it turns out it does work with the brown tweed also added bonus. Thanks for the input.

                  Comment


                  • Question: pair of new AE Shaker Heights boots (well new about a month ago, and since they have reduced the price by $50 grrr) and am storing them until my wedding in October. I have shoe trees in them but am worried about pulling on the unbroken-in leather. Am I just being crazy? Should I creme them (chili red) and store?

                    In conclusion, my question is "how should I store them?"

                    Thanks y'all

                    Comment


                    • YFL, I would probably break them in a bit before your wedding. That is a long day on your feet for new shoes. Wear them around the house, at the very least.
                      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

                      Comment


                      • Good call.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          I love BR's Aiden chinos, but don't pay more than $35 for them.
                          Following up on this for [MENTION=3822]dvg[/MENTION] , I just picked up two pair of Aiden's this weekend. $70 total after the deal in store and I am happy with them. Good fit for me and the feel of the fabric is nice. They only had 4 colors int he store but that covers the basics anyway. Dark grey, light tan, dark tan, and navy. If these hold up through a wash or two then I wont hesitate to get the other 2 colors when it comes to that time. Wish they offered a lighter grey or burgundy as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            Following up on this for [MENTION=3822]dvg[/MENTION] , I just picked up two pair of Aiden's this weekend. $70 total after the deal in store and I am happy with them. Good fit for me and the feel of the fabric is nice. They only had 4 colors int he store but that covers the basics anyway. Dark grey, light tan, dark tan, and navy. If these hold up through a wash or two then I wont hesitate to get the other 2 colors when it comes to that time. Wish they offered a lighter grey or burgundy as well.
                            a.) They hold up well in the wash. I don't machine dry them though.
                            b.) I'm almost positive I've seen them in burgundy either online or in-store at some point.

                            Comment


                            • [MENTION=4719]bjmcgeever[/MENTION] I did a search on the site and they have two different listing for the Aiden. Looks like regular colors and some less mainstream options. Olive, brighter blue, orange, and a deep wine color. Might have to try the bigger BR at Lenox. Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                                [MENTION=4719]bjmcgeever[/MENTION] I did a search on the site and they have two different listing for the Aiden. Looks like regular colors and some less mainstream options. Olive, brighter blue, orange, and a deep wine color. Might have to try the bigger BR at Lenox. Thanks
                                The BR near me in Chicago had both the olive and burgundy/wine in the store. Some of them, at least, are not online only.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X