Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Scofield View Post
      what color topcoat is the most versatile? grey wool pants, navy blazer...dark grey topcoat?
      Can't go wrong with grey. I have a grey one myself. Navy is your other top option.

      Comment


      • anyone have their boots resole by brianthebootmaker in LA? There some nice resole jobs from him.

        http://instagram.com/brianthebootmaker

        Comment


        • I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

          I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

          So basically our options are either:

          1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
          2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
          3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

          Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

          Comment


          • Love the "wear what you have" way of doing things. Might as well let them wear whatever shoes they feel like wearing though. Ask the guys what they would like out of the options you have provided?

            Comment


            • I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

              http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
              http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

              Anyone have any clues??

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Young Florida Lawyer View Post
                I have a pair of j crew linen cotton blend (53/47) pants and want to know if they are part of a suit. I desperately want them to be...

                http://i.imgur.com/j6Z57Dt.png
                http://i.imgur.com/Im0MXPMl.jpg

                Anyone have any clues??
                What other tags are there inside? The tab closure makes me wanna say yes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Beavis View Post
                  I'm getting married this fall and I'm trying to figure out our groomsmen attire. We're trying to do our best to limit their costs so we're thinking of asking them to wear gray suits, figuring most of them already have at least one. They will be different shades of gray, basically anything from light to charcoal, which may sound strange but actually looks kind of cool based on some pictures I've seen. Plus, her bridesmaids are all wearing different color dresses.

                  I am wearing a navy suit with walnut AE strands, is it going to look strange if they're all wearing black shoes? It sounds like brown shoes work with some grays but not all, and I don't think we want half of them wearing black shoes and half wearing brown.

                  So basically our options are either:

                  1) Gray suits with brown shoes, even if some look like they clash
                  2) Gray suits with black shoes, even if I'll be wearing brown/walnut
                  3) Other color suits with brown shoes? Not sure how much leeway I have here but I think this could work as well.

                  Just looking for general thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
                  Black seems like it'd work fine to me. You're already not matching them with the suit, so as long as they match each other, no worries.

                  Comment


                  • Going back to school. Can anyone rec me a nice messenger bag for my Surface Pro 3, keyboard, one textbook, possible notebook (not laptop), and writing instruments? Would like to keep price below $150.

                    Comment


                    • [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION],

                      Are you going for any particular style? There's always the ubiquitous Timbuk2 messenger bag, which you can get on sale for 1/2 your price limit from Sierra Trading Post, if you don't mind ballistic nylon or cordura.

                      Regards,
                      Vic
                      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

                      Comment


                      • That was my thought too. There is also a tag that says machine wash but dry clean preferred.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                          Going back to school. Can anyone rec me a nice messenger bag for my Surface Pro 3, keyboard, one textbook, possible notebook (not laptop), and writing instruments? Would like to keep price below $150.
                          I like the bags by Manhattan Portage

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JGL View Post
                            Love the "wear what you have" way of doing things. Might as well let them wear whatever shoes they feel like wearing though. Ask the guys what they would like out of the options you have provided?
                            Thanks, I really hope it catches on. We've both been in enough weddings to appreciate that approach. I'll be damned if I give Men's Warehouse any more money than I already have.

                            Originally posted by Domino View Post
                            Black seems like it'd work fine to me. You're already not matching them with the suit, so as long as they match each other, no worries.
                            Right, that's what I was thinking too, although someone mentioned gray suits with brown shoes is a popular style right now. I'll probably just leave it up to them to agree on something.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                              Going back to school. Can anyone rec me a nice messenger bag for my Surface Pro 3, keyboard, one textbook, possible notebook (not laptop), and writing instruments? Would like to keep price below $150.
                              Maybe one of these: http://lifehacker.com/five-best-lapt...576/1620846229

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Merlot View Post
                                Has anyone ever gotten in "trouble" for returning too many items to the same retailer?

                                I almost exclusively shop online due to the convenience and the lack of sizing (XS, etc) in brick and mortar stores.

                                So a lot of times when I buy clothes from BR/ON/Gap I buy a bunch of different styles/sizes and end up returning a lot/sometimes all of them after trying them on. Also if I just want one item I spend at least $50 to get free shipping even if I know I'm going to return the rest since that is how their system works.

                                I heard from someone though that if you return too many items you could get blacklisted or banned from returning at certain retailers...anyone know if this is the case?
                                if I were any of the above stores I would totally ban you. you're clearly abusing their free shipping and returns policy because you don't know what you're doing. this costs money and it's people like you that drive costs up for everyone. you're like the guy who goes into a brick and mortar store to try stuff on with no intention of buying, only to turn around and buy it someplace else that has the same item cheaper.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X