Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm considering ordering a Lazio suit from SuitSupply, I put my measurements into the size adviser and it said I should pick a 52 regular jacket, however I'm 6' 1"; should I go with the equivalent long jacket, or go with the initial recommendation?

    Comment


    • at size 52 the suit may be plenty long for If that is a 52 in US sizing. They do have free returns for problems like this.

      Comment


      • It's a European size 52- it's for a 42 inch chest, I am aware of their free returns but it's a bit easier if I can figure out the right size beforehand.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jollyjube View Post
          It's a European size 52- it's for a 42 inch chest, I am aware of their free returns but it's a bit easier if I can figure out the right size beforehand.
          Ok. I honestly was surprised they would make a 52.... anyway at 6'1" I would try the long first. I think their fit tech thing leans a little fashion forward (cropped jacket). I don't own a SS suit though so someone else would have to confirm. If it were me I would definitely try the long first.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jollyjube View Post
            I'm considering ordering a Lazio suit from SuitSupply, I put my measurements into the size adviser and it said I should pick a 52 regular jacket, however I'm 6' 1"; should I go with the equivalent long jacket, or go with the initial recommendation?
            They have detailed product measurements in the size advisor, so check that and go with whichever has sleeve and overall length that's closest to your desired size. The Lazio has a shorter jacket according to the description so a long may be your best bet.

            Comment


            • Does anyone know if DSW has Brannock feet measuring devices? Thinking of copping a pair of AEs on eBay and really want to get my correct foot measurement. Don't want to deal with the hassle of walking into an AE store to get measured and then walk out.

              Comment


              • I'm helping my buddy pick out groomsmen suits, ties, etc for his wedding next August.

                His fiancee has chosen the ties:





                The second one is for the groom.

                He was thinking about a navy suit and a white herringbone shirt. He wants to keep it more formal, so he's thinking worsted wool suits. However the wedding is outside in August.

                Anyone have any other ideas?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SDCozzi View Post
                  I'm helping my buddy pick out groomsmen suits, ties, etc for his wedding next August.

                  His fiancee has chosen the ties:





                  The second one is for the groom.

                  He was thinking about a navy suit and a white herringbone shirt. He wants to keep it more formal, so he's thinking worsted wool suits. However the wedding is outside in August.

                  Anyone have any other ideas?
                  Find new ties.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    Find new ties.
                    Saw this in the "What's New?" feed. Was not disappointed. Listen to the man, [MENTION=11584]SDCozzi[/MENTION]. Convince your bud to convince his fiancee out of this mess. If she wants something that (presumably) mirrors her dress...well, no, that's not a good idea, how about a nice shepherd's check or glen plaid? Both are very traditional and you can find them in silver, black/white, or cream, and all would look better than this. TTB will have ties in these patterns so they're affordable too.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SDCozzi View Post
                      I'm helping my buddy pick out groomsmen suits, ties, etc for his wedding next August.

                      His fiancee has chosen the ties:





                      The second one is for the groom.

                      He was thinking about a navy suit and a white herringbone shirt. He wants to keep it more formal, so he's thinking worsted wool suits. However the wedding is outside in August.

                      Anyone have any other ideas?
                      Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      Find new ties.
                      Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      Saw this in the "What's New?" feed. Was not disappointed. Listen to the man, [MENTION=11584]SDCozzi[/MENTION]. Convince your bud to convince his fiancee out of this mess. If she wants something that (presumably) mirrors her dress...well, no, that's not a good idea, how about a nice shepherd's check or glen plaid? Both are very traditional and you can find them in silver, black/white, or cream, and all would look better than this. TTB will have ties in these patterns so they're affordable too.
                      Yikes! Have to say I agree. Those ties are rough. To answer your question, its hard to go wrong with a navy suit. IMO I would skip the herringbone white shirt. Two reasons. (1) Texture (a la herringbone) leans more casual. I don't think that it can't be paired with a worsted navy suit, but if your buddy wants it to be formal he should look for something else. (2) Try for a different color if the tie is going to be that close to white. It could look like he was trying to match the shirt and tie and failied. Or worse you are in the mob... unless he is in the mob then go for it. A pale blue shirt could look great IMO.

                      Comment


                      • Do you think these AE Fifth Ave on eBay are worth a $75 bid? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMOND...:B:WNA:US:3160

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by paulsoncall View Post
                          Do you think these AE Fifth Ave on eBay are worth a $75 bid? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMOND...:B:WNA:US:3160
                          Definitely, but I'd be surprised if you get them for that. It looks like they were worn once or twice, and 11D is a very common size.

                          Good luck!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                            Definitely, but I'd be surprised if you get them for that. It looks like they were worn once or twice, and 11D is a very common size.

                            Good luck!
                            There is a mark on the instep on both shoes. I can't make out what it is exactly but if it is a recrafted mark I may be wary. However IIRC that is usually a hammer or something.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              IMO I would skip the herringbone white shirt. Two reasons. (1) Texture (a la herringbone) leans more casual. I don't think that it can't be paired with a worsted navy suit, but if your buddy wants it to be formal he should look for something else.
                              Interesting take. I feel like most herringbone dress shirts are subtle enough to have little effect on their formality.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                Interesting take. I feel like most herringbone dress shirts are subtle enough to have little effect on their formality.
                                I agree. However if the person wearing it is going for a formal look I would pick a poplin, broadcloth, or twill over a herringbone.

                                Just like I would choose a twill worsted navy blazer over a hopsack of I wanted to look more polished.

                                Its not that those other weaves can't look formal and polished, but rather their are other better options.

                                IMHO, YMMV, and all that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X