X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
    Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

For me, yes. I'd return it.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'm just not used to short jackets, and it feels different. I am poking around for a longer one and seeing lots of short ones like this so maybe it's a thing this year.

Leave a comment:

• motosacto
    replied
    Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

So it's not a "real" M-51 or M-65 (as in military issue pattern made by a U.S. Govt. contractor), right? All bets are off regarding whether, objectively, it is too short or not. It all comes down to your opinion. You notice that it's short. If that bugs you, then I recommend you ditch it. If you are neutral or like it that way, then keep it. Simple.

My example: I have a French bleu de trevail jacket made by Bleu De Paname. It is short for a french work jacket, but I kinda like it. So I keep it in rotation...

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Yeah. It's a field jacket, but it's almost like they made it to fit like a trucker jacket. Too bad because I like everything else about it. Or maybe it's just for short people, lol.

Leave a comment:

• TheManJournals
    replied

If that's a field jacket, I think it should be longer.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Caronj
    replied
    Looking for the brand of hoodie worn by Jason Statham in the movie The Meg when he arrives on Mana One... any suggestion where to look?

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts over the course of my adulthood I've finally found success shaving with a double-edged razor. I found a razor handle and blades (both Muhle… happened to be on the shelf on sale at T.J. Maxx so I bought it on a whim) that work perfectly for me.

My question is for those of you who shave with DE (or similar) razors. What do you do with the used blades afterward? I know some razor brands come in packages that have a little disposal slot on the underside. The brand I've purchased doesn't seem to have that. I ended up just ordering a hazardous sharps disposal container online. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious? How else do you dispose of your used razor blades?
    I've shaved with double-edged razor for several years. I usually buy a 100 pack of Feathers, they have the little safety dealy, but I realize after your post that I'm just throwing the whole thing away.

This page has some info about a mail-in service.
    https://getrockwell.com/blogs/journa...-february-2019

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    I admire you guys for your ingenuity but for $4 (they make ones for $2) and a capacity of 100 blades I'll splurge for the blade disposal case.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    My question is for those of you who shave with DE (or similar) razors. What do you do with the used blades afterward? I know some razor brands come in packages that have a little disposal slot on the underside. The brand I've purchased doesn't seem to have that. I ended up just ordering a hazardous sharps disposal container online. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious? How else do you dispose of your used razor blades?
    I have been using the plastic containers/holders that came with my blades. As you mentioned though you don't have that option and I am on my last plastic container. My plan is to go with an aluminum can that was destine for the recycling. Once full, I'll seal up the top so the blades can't get out. Won't look pretty, but will be functional.

Leave a comment:

• ELNJ
    replied
    I put them in a steel can that is destined for recycling, then bend the top of the can over and smash it flat so the blades can’t get out. Then the whole thing goes in the recycling bin.

Leave a comment:

• thedrake
    replied
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts over the course of my adulthood I've finally found success shaving with a double-edged razor. I found a razor handle and blades (both Muhle… happened to be on the shelf on sale at T.J. Maxx so I bought it on a whim) that work perfectly for me.

The obvious option is to just buy a house with one of these https://isarchitecture.com/seen-arou...ade-bank-slot/

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied

http://store.mensroombarbershop.com/...hoCMi8QAvD_BwE

There are a million similar ones.

Leave a comment:

• ExFed
    replied
    While I don't shave with a double-edge razor, for projects I have a couple of utility knives that use utility razor blades. For disposal I sandwich the used blade between scrap cardboard and then heavily tape with masking tape and place in the trash. I have also seen where an empty Altoids mint tin works perfectly for disposal of double-edge blades. When full, wrap in tape and place in the trash.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X