X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    Thanks [MENTION=15801]Tacitus[/MENTION]. I've been told that Home Depot also has some magnets that will work. Now I just need to get down there and look for them.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Best place to purchase lost Wurkin Stiff magnets?
    Amazon has packs of magnets in about the same size for < $10. Most of the packs contain 30+ magnets so you can use them for other purposes as well (e.g. putting stuff on your fridge). Only potential issue is that depending on collar style and fabric, they might be a little too strong (but the Wurkin Stiff magnets are pretty strong as well, so I doubt that would be an issue).

Leave a comment:

• comicsteacher
    replied
    Hi all! I’ve got a pair of J.Crew 770 stretch chinos in white that I absolutely LOVE, but I have no idea what color underwear I should wear with them so that the underwear doesn’t show through. I’ve heard both white and grey? Can anyone make a recommendation?

I’ll definitely wear them with a blazer here and there, so I think that helps cover the problem a little, but I could really use some help here.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Best place to purchase lost Wurkin Stiff magnets?

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    [MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION] That's another good point. Definitely don't want to look like a waiter.
    [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] I really like glen plaid ties but never got around to picking one up. I won't be buying a new tie just for this wedding but that's definitely on my list of wants.

Leave a comment:

• CapCity614
    replied
    Has anyone purchased shoes from New Republic by Mark McNairy? I'm intrigued by the design and price for the suede drivers and Chelsea boots, but don't know about the quality and how they hold up.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    I would do a traditional wedding tie, like

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/glen-plaid.html

or

https://www.spierandmackay.com/black...-of-wales.html

Leave a comment:

• Dun
    replied
    A black neck tie might feel too somber. And if you take off your jacket look like a waiter?

Either a bow tie or a more festive textured neck tie.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    [MENTION=14298]theplayerking[/MENTION] That's a good point. I do have a champagne colored tie from a previous wedding I was part of. I'll give that a try.

[MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION] The ceremony is late afternoon and the receiption is in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• theplayerking
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I'm attending a black tie optional wedding in a few weeks. Since I don't own a tux or plan on renting one I'm wearing a charcoal suit. Would wearing a black tie be advisable even though I'm not wearing a tux? Or is that some sort a faux pas?
    I would wear silver or something similar (champagne silk) rather than black. You want to look elegant and festive rather than somber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dun
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I'm attending a black tie optional wedding in a few weeks. Since I don't own a tux or plan on renting one I'm wearing a charcoal suit. Would wearing a black tie be advisable even though I'm not wearing a tux? Or is that some sort a faux pas?
    day or night event?

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    If one of them fits in the shoulders, keep it and get it tailored in the waist. If neither fits in the shoulders return them both.

Leave a comment:

• TeddyR2
    replied
    Let me re-phrase my question. I am a size 47 jacket. I bought both a 46 and a 48. As you might expect, the 46 is a bit tight and the 48 is a bit big. Which one would you keep and get tailored.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by TeddyR2 View Post
    I am a size 47 jacket. Buy up or down?
    Depends on the brand but I would try on both a 46 and a 48 to be sure. Terrible answer but depending on the brand and fit I am either a 40 or 42.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X