Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will the backs of the speed hooks on Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots gouge the tongues? Also, should I be concerned about this? It's not visible, but the last thing I want are holes in the tongues.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
      How long will the backs of the speed hooks on Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots gouge the tongues? Also, should I be concerned about this? It's not visible, but the last thing I want are holes in the tongues.

Regards,
      Vic
      I've only had mine for about a year now, but so far there doesn't really seem to be any damage to the surface of the tongues, it just deforms around the back of the speed hooks (and I haven't really noticed much shange after the first couple of wears. I guess I'll see in another year or two.

Comment

Should I buy these?

http://www.grailed.com/listings/1248...gnac-ryan-boot

Comment

Are BR Monogram suits fully canvased. This is the one I am specifically referring to: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...3&locale=en_US

Comment

Binarythird, based on my completely unqualified internet opinion - no.

Comment

Originally posted by bstv69 View Post
              Are BR Monogram suits fully canvased. This is the one I am specifically referring to: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...3&locale=en_US
              Fused, almost 100% certain. Have never heard of BR suits being canvassed - let alone fully. (You realize J Crew Ludlow and SuitSupply are half-canvas, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Fused, almost 100% certain. Have never heard of BR suits being canvassed - let alone fully. (You realize J Crew Ludlow and SuitSupply are half-canvas, right?)
                Okay thank you, so for $300 (the price I got the BR suit) would you say I should just hold off, and put the money to a fully canvassed suit
                And thank you for your response

Comment

It depends. Would you ever be comfortable putting down $550-600 on an entry-level fully canvassed suit or $450-500 on a half-canvassed one? Do you wear suits enough to justify that expense? It's a different answer for everybody depending on their context. A $300 perfectly fitting fused suit is still gonna last you a couple years at least if you don't wear it often. And if you do need several suits for a new job, that $600 could get you 2 suits at BR vs. 1 elsewhere, and that may be more useful to you at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    It depends. Would you ever be comfortable putting down $550-600 on an entry-level fully canvassed suit or $450-500 on a half-canvassed one? Do you wear suits enough to justify that expense? It's a different answer for everybody depending on their context. A $300 perfectly fitting fused suit is still gonna last you a couple years at least if you don't wear it often. And if you do need several suits for a new job, that $600 could get you 2 suits at BR vs. 1 elsewhere, and that may be more useful to you at this time.
                    I currently do not wear suits often but I will in the near future (not daily but probably at least once a week). I already have an entry level fused navy suit so my next purchase I am really looking to buy a quality suit. Thank you for your help I think I am going to pass on the suit and just save up a little bit more for a quality suit.

Comment

Does anyone make a cheap leather chelsea boot, or am I better off scouring ebay? Target makes a $30 but it's a plastic upper.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                        Does anyone make a cheap leather chelsea boot, or am I better off scouring ebay? Target makes a $30 but it's a plastic upper.
                        Lands end had some last year that looked nice online and we're reasonably priced. I would guess they will be back soon. I would hold off and wait until some of the fall stock comes in to some stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post

And Ralph Lauren had a model (can't recall the name) that was on sale a while back for under $100 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                            I've only had mine for about a year now, but so far there doesn't really seem to be any damage to the surface of the tongues, it just deforms around the back of the speed hooks (and I haven't really noticed much shange after the first couple of wears. I guess I'll see in another year or two.
                            Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to take a picture of the wear and see how much is changes over the next few times I wear them.

The CXL leather is nice and soft, but it still needs a proper break in. Wearing them for an 8-hour day and going up and down 10+ flights of stairs wasn't exactly the wisest decision, but oh well.

Regards,
                            Vic
                            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with H.E. Mango? Curious, especially, how long their shirts and jackets are. I'm kind of tall and typically wear a 40L, but can also make due with 40Rs (I'm right on the line).

Are things a "normal" length or more cropped like Zara or Uniqlo? (neither of which are long enough for me)

Comment

Thoughts on this Banana Republic blazer? It's $80 today w/ a sale. Any experience with the fit? Is this color versatile enough?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...4202&cid=95963

Comment

Working...
                                X