This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thejrace View Post

Anyone have a good affordable nyc tailor that they trust?
    "Affordable" is going to be in the eye of the beholder, and in NYC, especially Manhattan, you're just going to pay a premium. That said, I use Paul Winston/Mid City Tailoring. They are at 25 w. 43rd or 28 w. 44th (you can enter the building from either side. They do solid work for about the prices I've come to expect in Manhattan (about $15 to hem pants, $45 to shorten jacket sleeves).

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      "Affordable" is going to be in the eye of the beholder, and in NYC, especially Manhattan, you're just going to pay a premium. That said, I use Paul Winston/Mid City Tailoring. They are at 25 w. 43rd or 28 w. 44th (you can enter the building from either side. They do solid work for about the prices I've come to expect in Manhattan (about $15 to hem pants, $45 to shorten jacket sleeves).
      $15 sounds fine for hemming. I usually pay around $12 IIRC. $45 is steep to shorten sleeves though. My tailor does it for $18. Although I am leaving Pittsburgh for the more expensive DC area soon. Hopefully it won't be too much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        I have two pair of them. Bought a while ago. In my experience the crease cannot be ironed out, but over time it will fade.
        Maybe this?

http://www.deluxecleanersbirmingham....our-pants/323/

Or see if dry cleaners can do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Thejrace View Post
          No shipping charge there mate. Go for it.

Anyone have a good affordable nyc tailor that they trust?
          Let me know if you find a good tailor. I'm in the market for one myself preferably in midtown east. I'm going to check one out that was recommended on Yelp. Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNOM View Post
            I didn't know that was possible. These are the pants, is it?

http://us.dockers.com/product/index....age=family&ab=
            The crease was put there by an iron in the first place. I don't see why it can't be removed the same way. The proper application of water, heat and pressure and it should come out. It won't hurt to try (don't burn your pants!).

Comment

Big fan of Stanton Tailor Shop downtown. I bring them just about everything. Long waits on the weekends though...

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                The crease was put there by an iron in the first place. I don't see why it can't be removed the same way. The proper application of water, heat and pressure and it should come out. It won't hurt to try (don't burn your pants!).
                Some pants with a "permanent" crease are ironed in with something like a strip of silicon IIRC to hold that crease throughout wears and washes. So just ironing it out won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                  Some pants with a "permanent" crease are ironed in with something like a strip of silicon IIRC to hold that crease throughout wears and washes. So just ironing it out won't do it.
                  Never heard of this. Learned something new. This isn't common though right?

Comment

JCF Chinos at $30 a good buy?

Comment

Originally posted by VeNOM View Post
                      JCF Chinos at $30 a good buy?
                      they regularly get lower with coupons. Shoot for low $20s

Comment

I can see the v-neck line of my undershirt through a few of my button downs. do i have bad quality button downs or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by substance12 View Post
                          I can see the v-neck line of my undershirt through a few of my button downs. do i have bad quality button downs or am I doing something wrong?
                          White button-downs? If so, switch to a gray v-neck undershirt and that should solve the problem.

Comment

I asked a similar question about Gap the other day, but this time it's about JC Penney.

If I order enough to pass the $100 threshold for 20% off and then return (in store) some of the items, will I still keep the 20% off on the items I keep? If not, I'll just order what I need (using the 15% off code) and ship to store. I think most stores would take the discount back, but JC Penney's system seems archaic enough that maybe it wouldn't.

Comment

How about BR Aiden chinos for $26?
                              Last edited by VeNOM; July 21, 2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

must....resist....urge...to....buy park avenue walnut grains @ $179....such a good price...but i just spend 260 on the walnut strands for the nordstrom sale and another 270 on the brown bruno magli's....

Comment

Working...
                                X