Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by zcm View Post
    After posting earlier I went ahead and ordered a pair. IIRC when I tried them on in store they felt pretty comfortable. Maybe it is just the shape of your feet? As always with shoe purchases, I will try them out for a little on the carpet before I commit.
    Felt fine wearing them and just sitting around. Walking around though, they immediately felt bad.

    Comment


      Originally posted by lax101 View Post
      Felt fine wearing them and just sitting around. Walking around though, they immediately felt bad.
      Time will tell. Also, I don't think there are many people that passionate about their JCP shoes that someone would "flame" if someone didn't like them. A pair of Alden Indys or a SS Napoli may be a different story

      Comment


        Originally posted by lax101 View Post
        Thanks for not flaming--I know these shoes are a favorite on the forum and on the main web site. Trust me, I am not a shoe snob--most of my work shoes came from DSW, and all of them were under $100 (at least after discounts). The smell part I don't really care about, but the stiffness was brutal. Couldn't justify keeping a pair of shoes that were going to hurt my feet, no matter the price.
        Not at all, man wanted an opinion and yours was helpful. FWIW, I did feel that the first time or two I wore them, they are doing much better today (approximate wear #3)

        Comment


          So reading these comments I see that the general opinion is that they don't break in well, correct?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Jaydb View Post
            So reading these comments I see that the general opinion is that they don't break in well, correct?
            I am already seeing improvement on day #3. That is all I can vouch for, ask again in a week or so and I'll keep you up to date.

            Comment


              Alright, thank you all for the helpful information.

              Comment


                I heard that the sizing on the Stafford wingtips runs big. I usually wear a size 9 depending on the cut of the shoe. Should I size down?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jaydb View Post
                  I heard that the sizing on the Stafford wingtips runs big. I usually wear a size 9 depending on the cut of the shoe. Should I size down?
                  Yes. maybe even a whole size. I got a 10.5 and usually wear 11.5. YMMV

                  Comment


                    Yup. Whole size for me, too.

                    Comment


                      Lets say I want a $15 item from Gap. If I were to order $50+ worth of stuff to get free shipping, then return all of the order except the $15 item, would I have to retroactively pay shipping? There's a Gap just a few blocks from my office, but they don't carry any tall sizes and I'm wondering if this is an exploitable loophole.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by aw82 View Post
                        Lets say I want a $15 item from Gap. If I were to order $50+ worth of stuff to get free shipping, then return all of the order except the $15 item, would I have to retroactively pay shipping? There's a Gap just a few blocks from my office, but they don't carry any tall sizes and I'm wondering if this is an exploitable loophole.
                        No shipping charge there mate. Go for it.


                        Anyone have a good affordable nyc tailor that they trust?

                        Comment


                          Can chinos with a permanent crease be pulled off casually? Received some chinos that fit okay but they have a permanent crease I'm not too sure about.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by VeNOM View Post
                            Can chinos with a permanent crease be pulled off casually? Received some chinos that fit okay but they have a permanent crease I'm not too sure about.
                            Why can't it be removed with an iron?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JGL View Post
                              Why can't it be removed with an iron?
                              I didn't know that was possible. These are the pants, is it?

                              http://us.dockers.com/product/index....age=family&ab=

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by VeNOM View Post
                                I didn't know that was possible. These are the pants, is it?

                                http://us.dockers.com/product/index....age=family&ab=
                                I have two pair of them. Bought a while ago. In my experience the crease cannot be ironed out, but over time it will fade.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X