Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I sell all my clothing besides on pair of boots. 5 pants and just wear a few shirts.

Comment

Depends. What are you getting in return?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        Should I sell all my clothing besides on pair of boots. 5 pants and just wear a few shirts.
        Are you going minimalist or something? Unless you have a sudden need for money or space, I would advise against any sudden decisions or changes... But you would know best. One pair of boots isn't nearly enough when it comes to shoes though, since you ideally want at least two pairs to cycle through, and not every pair can fit every situation... So I dunno, it all depends on what your motivation for this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
          Are you going minimalist or something? Unless you have a sudden need for money or space, I would advise against any sudden decisions or changes... But you would know best. One pair of boots isn't nearly enough when it comes to shoes though, since you ideally want at least two pairs to cycle through, and not every pair can fit every situation... So I dunno, it all depends on what your motivation for this is.
          Yeah I wasn't really serious.

Comment

I was wondering whether a brown/khaki trench could be worn over a grey suit, or whether the colors would clash...

Comment

Should I buy these or not? http://www.amazon.com/Rockport-Diale.../dp/B00B0A3H9K for $59

I have been looking for a cheap dark brown suede shoe/chukka that I can wear in a business casual setting with wool trousers.

On the other hand, I am waiting for the next 2 for 250 AE sale to get dark brown bluchers and suede shoes. At that time, these boots may become obsolete?
              I would prefer to get AE quality in calf and not suede however.
              /confused
              Last edited by doomx; July 13, 2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
                I was wondering whether a brown/khaki trench could be worn over a grey suit, or whether the colors would clash...
                The color rules don't really apply with coats.

Comment

I am red-headed with light skin but brown eyes. Trying to get a less formal suit. Wondering if I should look for a brown suit (like the suitsupply Havana check) or a lighter blue suit (like the suitsupply Napoli blue check). Sorry, tried to post the links to the suits but my copy and paste is not functioning for some odd reason. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hey there guys. I'm interested in buying the Stafford wingtips that were reviewed on the site recently, but I'm a bit hesitant. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Comment

Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
                      I am red-headed with light skin but brown eyes. Trying to get a less formal suit. Wondering if I should look for a brown suit (like the suitsupply Havana check) or a lighter blue suit (like the suitsupply Napoli blue check). Sorry, tried to post the links to the suits but my copy and paste is not functioning for some odd reason. Thanks for the help!
                      Not sure exactly which suits you are talking about, but I think I would stick to dark to medium colors with a pale skin. Maybe the brown? If you go too light you may look a little monochromatic.

Originally posted by Jaydb View Post
                      Hey there guys. I'm interested in buying the Stafford wingtips that were reviewed on the site recently, but I'm a bit hesitant. Does anyone have any experience with them?
                      Tried them on in store. Strongly considering them today with an account specific email coupon I got for 25% off and a $10 rewards voucher (so $35 total). They seem quite nice for the price. If they are anything like the camlin from yesteryear they will be great and wear nicely. I would order them or check them out in store. JCP has a great returns policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaydb View Post
                        Wearing them now. They aren't going to feel anything like an AE, but they are great for the $ and I don't feel like they they give of a "cheap" appearance at all.
                        '

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                          Wearing them now. They aren't going to feel anything like an AE, but they are great for the $ and I don't feel like they they give of a "cheap" appearance at all.
                          '
                          I bought a pair of Stafford wingtips (the new, highly praised ones) and I really disliked them. I returned them a day later.

Pros:
                          -They do look great. Don't necessarily look cheap, and a nice chestnut color.
                          -Very cheap for any kind of leather oxford
                          -Lots of sizes available
                          -Heel is synthetic, but the rubbery grip is subtle and functional

Cons:
                          -Leather smelled and felt like plastic. I know it says genuine leather or whatever, but who knows what that actually means.
                          -Extremely uncomfortable. I know most leather shoes break in, but the thick, plasticy leather already felt like it was going to destroy the back of my heel. And it didn't feel like these shoes were going to break in terribly well.

I went to my local DSW instead and picked up some Mercanti Fiorentini's on clearance for a shade more. Much happier with that purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                            I bought a pair of Stafford wingtips (the new, highly praised ones) and I really disliked them. I returned them a day later.

Pros:
                            -They do look great. Don't necessarily look cheap, and a nice chestnut color.
                            -Very cheap for any kind of leather oxford
                            -Lots of sizes available
                            -Heel is synthetic, but the rubbery grip is subtle and functional

Cons:
                            -Leather smelled and felt like plastic. I know it says genuine leather or whatever, but who knows what that actually means.
                            -Extremely uncomfortable. I know most leather shoes break in, but the thick, plasticy leather already felt like it was going to destroy the back of my heel. And it didn't feel like these shoes were going to break in terribly well.

I went to my local DSW instead and picked up some Mercanti Fiorentini's on clearance for a shade more. Much happier with that purchase.
                            Those cons are legitimate. This is probably only my 3d wear, so I'm not sure how much they will break in, but you are correct, they don't "Feel" like they are going to soften much.

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                              Those cons are legitimate. This is probably only my 3d wear, so I'm not sure how much they will break in, but you are correct, they don't "Feel" like they are going to soften much.
                              Thanks for not flaming--I know these shoes are a favorite on the forum and on the main web site. Trust me, I am not a shoe snob--most of my work shoes came from DSW, and all of them were under $100 (at least after discounts). The smell part I don't really care about, but the stiffness was brutal. Couldn't justify keeping a pair of shoes that were going to hurt my feet, no matter the price.

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                                Thanks for not flaming--I know these shoes are a favorite on the forum and on the main web site. Trust me, I am not a shoe snob--most of my work shoes came from DSW, and all of them were under $100 (at least after discounts). The smell part I don't really care about, but the stiffness was brutal. Couldn't justify keeping a pair of shoes that were going to hurt my feet, no matter the price.
                                After posting earlier I went ahead and ordered a pair. IIRC when I tried them on in store they felt pretty comfortable. Maybe it is just the shape of your feet? As always with shoe purchases, I will try them out for a little on the carpet before I commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X