This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Anyone in the Washington, DC, area that can recommend a reputable tailor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Preferably on the NoVa side.
    I like Dulles Custom Tailor at Dulles Mall a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
      I like Dulles Custom Tailor at Dulles Mall a lot.
      I will have to check it out next time I'm out in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
        [URL="http://dappered.com/2013/11/oxfords-vs-derbys-and-more-shoe-style-jargon-101/"]I believe the term "buck" comes from the fact that they used to be made of nubuck.
        I thought they were originally made from deer skin, hence the name?

Comment

For any AE Walnut colored shoe owners out there, what kind of edge dressing do you use to clean up the the soles?

Comment

[MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION], Natural. I used some last night after I shined up my McAllisters.

Comment

Any thoughts on removing a stain on leather belts?

I found a dark spot that looked like something had rubbed off on the belt (I am guessing the buckle had briefly rusted, and rubbed off on the belt). It's a light walnut, so it's glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                For any AE Walnut colored shoe owners out there, what kind of edge dressing do you use to clean up the the soles?
                I use brown.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                  [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION], Natural. I used some last night after I shined up my McAllisters.
                  Same.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                    Thanks, are you using AE brand?

Comment

Thanks, are you using AE brand?
                      Yep.

Comment

I use the AE chili edge dressing.

Comment

The people have spoken. Looks like many do not think we need this thread, which is totally fine. I still think there is some use for really quick things, so I won't delete it, I am just unsticking it from the top of the page.
                          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                            The people have spoken. Looks like many do not think we need this thread, which is totally fine. I still think there is some use for really quick things, so I won't delete it, I am just unsticking it from the top of the page.
                            The right decision. If people had more patience and tolerance, we would not have this, the forum version of Human Caterpillar.

Thread's dead, baby. Thread's dead.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to both unsticky it and not delete it. I will be using this a lot, and creating my own threads infrequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittiwake30 View Post
                                Thread's dead, baby. Thread's dead.
                                But you grabbed its motorcycle, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X