Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts over the course of my adulthood I've finally found success shaving with a double-edged razor. I found a razor handle and blades (both Muhle… happened to be on the shelf on sale at T.J. Maxx so I bought it on a whim) that work perfectly for me.

    My question is for those of you who shave with DE (or similar) razors. What do you do with the used blades afterward? I know some razor brands come in packages that have a little disposal slot on the underside. The brand I've purchased doesn't seem to have that. I ended up just ordering a hazardous sharps disposal container online. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious? How else do you dispose of your used razor blades?
    I've shaved with double-edged razor for several years. I usually buy a 100 pack of Feathers, they have the little safety dealy, but I realize after your post that I'm just throwing the whole thing away.

    This page has some info about a mail-in service.
    https://getrockwell.com/blogs/journa...-february-2019

    Comment


    • Looking for the brand of hoodie worn by Jason Statham in the movie The Meg when he arrives on Mana One... any suggestion where to look?

      Comment


      • Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
          Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

          If that's a field jacket, I think it should be longer.

          Comment


          • Yeah. It's a field jacket, but it's almost like they made it to fit like a trucker jacket. Too bad because I like everything else about it. Or maybe it's just for short people, lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
              Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

              So it's not a "real" M-51 or M-65 (as in military issue pattern made by a U.S. Govt. contractor), right? All bets are off regarding whether, objectively, it is too short or not. It all comes down to your opinion. You notice that it's short. If that bugs you, then I recommend you ditch it. If you are neutral or like it that way, then keep it. Simple.

              My example: I have a French bleu de trevail jacket made by Bleu De Paname. It is short for a french work jacket, but I kinda like it. So I keep it in rotation...
              Mark

              Comment


              • Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'm just not used to short jackets, and it feels different. I am poking around for a longer one and seeing lots of short ones like this so maybe it's a thing this year.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
                  Is this jacket too short? I'm trying to decide on keeping it, and the only thing holding me back is I feel like it should be an inch or two longer.

                  For me, yes. I'd return it.

                  Comment


                  • Looks short to me, but probably depends in part on how tall you are, which isn't entirely evident from the picture.

                    Comment


                    • The proportions are completely off for a field jacket. Looks more like a bomber with field jacket fabric and detailing, which is rather silly. It should cover most of your crotch, like the sports coat. I'd return it.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
                          Yeah, I'm going to return it. It sucks because everything else about it is perfect for me except the length. I've got some other options coming in.
                          I have a jacket very similar to that, which I got at a J Crew outlet like a decade ago (maybe longer now). What you have is essentially a trucker jacket/field jacket hybrid. It's the length of a trucker jacket with field jacket details - lower patch pockets and olive drab canvass cut to trucker jacket length. I think that's what the designer was going for as the sleeves are the right length for you, just the torso is short compared to a classic field jacket. If you like the look I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you're going for a classic field jacket look it's definitely cropped, as those usually extend below the hips rather than hit at the hips like this does.
                          “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

                          Comment


                          • I could use a second opinion on this casual outfit

                            Hello all,

                            I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

                            I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

                            I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

                            Let me know what you think, and thanks!

                            Nathan

                            https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nathan miller View Post
                              Hello all,

                              I recently lost a bunch of weight ( thank you Falun Gong) and decided to try to dress a little better. It hasn't been long since I had an entire wardrobe of old navy and wal-mart, with nothing less than 2-3 years old, and much of it a decade or more old.

                              I think this outfit works ok, with fit being acceptable and colors going together but what do you guys think about it?

                              I wonder if the rolled up sleeves are too casual for the tucked-in-with-belt look and if I should maybe try lighter jeans - and otherwise I just don't trust my judgement at this point.

                              Let me know what you think, and thanks!

                              Nathan

                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT
                              Congrats on the weight loss!

                              Looks good from here. I often do rolled up sleeves and tucked in, but my look is a little more southern Preppy. I agree that lighter jean would look better, but it is almost full summer down here.

                              Comment


                              • Good job on the weight loss! I think the outfit looks great. No changes on my end. Cheers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X