This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    TTS? Also fuller below the knee? I could get two pair for $95 right now. Strongly considering them.
    Waist might run a little small. And yeah fuller below the knee, but maybe a touch fuller in the thigh.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      TTS? Also fuller below the knee? I could get two pair for $95 right now. Strongly considering them.
      I just received two pairs in the mail yesterday. I think they're pretty nice. The cut is pretty similar to the tailored straight chinos from Gap, I think. They're definitely not slim, but I wouldn't consider them "full" either.

My only concern is that the rise might be a little lower than I'd like. I don't wear dress pants at my navel or my true waist, but I don't like them down on my hips, either. But when I pull these up to wear I want them, I get the slight sensation that they're riding up in my crack. Even though I sized up an inch in the waist.

But all in all, they're pretty nice pants, and the fit issue is minor, so I'll probably go ahead and keep them. If they really don't work out, I can always return them later.

Comment

Ever since I saw them at the Unionmade sale, and reading up about them, I've wanted a pair of Unis Gio pants. Well today a pair that I bought from ebay arrived. Mint color, which I believe comes from a few seasons ago. However the pants were listed as new, and after examining them, that seems to be accurate. They haven't been tailored, and there is no discernible damage or wear anywhere. However, they're thicker than I was expecting, which makes me hesitant about the color, which I intended for spring and summer wear.

Here's a stock photo of them:

And here is my attempt to accurately show their color. It is a light green color, very pale and actually quite pleasant. So here's my question, how versatile to you think such a color is? Could I wear them outside of the summer?

Comment

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...79dc7e3790.jpg
          Acceptable to wear to a beach wedding? With light blue shirt, tieless, grey dress pants, walnut/bourbon shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            [MENTION=9923]mjn082[/MENTION], please let me/us know how you like this, once you have it. I think you'll like the regular vs. slim fit in this. It feels good to have a little room in this kind of shirt.
            hey [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], finally got it yesterday. Really like the indigo color is awesome and is a nicer alternative to a regular polo which is great as I don't wear polos too often. the fit is good, glad I went w/ XS. Not as trim as I wear my OCBDs but but not billowy or anything & will pair nicely will slimmer fitting chinos. My only complaint, and I think someone else mentioned it here, is the button chest pocket. I would have much preferred a simple patch pocket. But overall very happy with my first popover. I think I am now done with warm weather purchases. Will go on another short term spend freeze and then start prepping for fall/winter.

Comment

Trying to decide between three dress divers:

Pepsi Mako: http://orientwatchusa.com/collection...diver/em65006d
              Black Ray: http://orientwatchusa.com/collection...diver/em65008b
              Blue Ray: http://orientwatchusa.com/collection...diver/em65009d

Which one should I get? I already have a black-dial watch so I'm leaning towards either the Pepsi Mako or the Blue Ray.

Regards,
              Vic
              "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

I am actually looking at the black myself because I don't think I'll ever wonder if I made the wrong choice with black.

Does anybody know the differences in the item numbers? FEM vs CEM vs EM? I see there's an EM ray for on amazon for 138 while there's a CEM ray for 158.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                  The black and the blue Rays look great. The Pepsi Mako is not a dress watch. Actually, none of them are, but you could pull the blue or black faced divers off with a suit.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                    I am actually looking at the black myself because I don't think I'll ever wonder if I made the wrong choice with black.

Does anybody know the differences in the item numbers? FEM vs CEM vs EM? I see there's an EM ray for on amazon for 138 while there's a CEM ray for 158.
                    I believe those are country distribution codes. Who are the distributors and what are the warrantees?

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    The black and the blue Rays look great. The Pepsi Mako is not a dress watch. Actually, none of them are, but you could pull the blue or black faced divers off with a suit.
                    Thanks for the clarification and the feedback. I used the term rather loosely to differentiate them from more aggressive divers such as the Orient M-FORCE or Seiko Monster. I should have been a bit clearer in my intended purpose as a business-casual watch as opposed to a suit-watch.

Regards,
                    Vic
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                      Thanks for the clarification and the feedback. I used the term rather loosely to differentiate them from more aggressive divers such as the Orient M-FORCE or Seiko Monster. I should have been a bit clearer in my intended purpose as a business-casual watch as opposed to a suit-watch.

Regards,
                      Vic
                      I think that [MENTION=2341]BenR[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] both had Black Rays in the past, and I always thought that they looked fantastic. [MENTION=2000]Ben[/MENTION] almost convinced me to buy a Ray myself, but the 42mm case is too large for my pencil wrists. I actually think that the Makos look nicer than a few of the Omegas posted in the watch thread here.

Comment

[MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION],

Thanks. I dug up some of the older posts and decided to go with the Black Ray. Pictures will be posted in the recent acquisitions section when the time comes.

Regards,
                        Vic

Comment

I am interested in Frank & Oak's Laurier Blazer, but am curious about how it fits, say compared to an Alfani or H&M suit jacket. It looks like they offer a rather modern fit, perhaps too short and with too high a button stance. See: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...bd4c0f5604.jpg. Thoughts?

Comment

Any idea when the next 2 for 250 AE sale would be? Do they hold these on certain months?

Comment

Hello,

May I get some opinions on these. Would they be a decent shoe for business casual (dress pants) and dressy street (dark jeans/chinos)?

Much appreciated.

Comment

They look long. If the length is not a problem, then yes, they'll look good for business casual.

Comment

Working...
                                X