This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    I'd like to know that, too. Of course, they're on My Habit right now for $85, which is pretty close. They have them in burgundy, red, and black.
    Sierra Trading Post, with one of their DealFlyer 35% or 40% coupons.

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Can anyone compare the Veblens sizing to, say, the AE 5 Last? Or another common shoe around these parts?
    Definitely bigger. I sized down half a size for the Veblens. Overall, they're a fairly...rotund shoe, but not in a bad way. Makes them work well for casual wear.

Comment

Can anybody comment on the fit of Stafford pants? I normally get J Crew, BR, or Bonobos pants in 30x30, but JCP has a pair of wool-linen pants in the right color. I don't like super-slim pants and typically just go with straight-leg fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        Holy cats, this stuff is expensive. Would you shop here? http://www.muffyaldrich.com/2014/06/...nd-joshua.html
        Every time I drive past that place I wonder if I should stop in. Now I know I shouldn't. Bit out of the 'ol price range.

Comment

Where did you get them for $75?
          The Veblens are now $68 on Myhabit.com with code FIREWORK. Just ordered them in rust to try out.

Comment

I've thought about replacing my 4 year old Brown Veblen's with the Wine version, but I think I'm going to wear them into the ground and hold out for a pair of Alden longwings.

Comment

Hey all,

I don't own a pair of wingtips... I know, I know. Between these two, which would you say is better? One is Brooks (church) and one is AE Gearys (which I think they discontinued). Or neither. Neither is an option too. I want something that will work with jeans, chinos, and dress pants.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Comment

The Veblens are now $68 on Myhabit.com with code FIREWORK. Just ordered them in rust to try out.
                Would the vine work with gray and charcoal pants?
                I have been looking for a brown sortable versatile blucher. I was thinking of waiting until the next AE sale but the veblens look pretty good. Abby experience with them?

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                  I have been looking for a brown sortable versatile blucher. I was thinking of waiting until the next AE sale but the veblens look pretty good. Abby experience with them?
                  I haven't had any experience with the Veblens themselves, but that colour would definitely look great with grey and charcoal pants.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                    Despite my concern with the finishing details, I just ordered a second pair in wine, so now I'll have two. That means I'll be wearing them to work pretty much every day. If you like the style (and I do), you probably won't find a better shoe price. I can't emphasize enough that they are not perfect and that they do not approach the level of quality you'd expect from Allen Edmonds and up. But they are far, far better than anything you can find for $70.

As for the wine color, it's burgundy and it's awesome. They'll go with any pants you might reasonably want to wear except burgundy.

Comment

Originally posted by frigginhelpless View Post
                      Hey all,

I don't own a pair of wingtips... I know, I know. Between these two, which would you say is better? One is Brooks (church) and one is AE Gearys (which I think they discontinued). Or neither. Neither is an option too. I want something that will work with jeans, chinos, and dress pants.

Looking forward to your opinions.

I like the second ones better. I think bluchers will generally work better than oxfords for what you're describing, and I think dark brown is more versatile.

Also, there's something odd about those Brooks Brothers shoes. The longwing with closed laces just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Anyone every try the lands end year rounders wool pants? I am considering trying a pair or two in the tailored fit.

Comment

Anyone every try the lands end year rounders wool pants? I am considering trying a pair or two in the tailored fit.
                          I have one pair. The material is decent - pretty light. I don't love the fit on mine; they're a little too baggy below the knee.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                            I have one pair. The material is decent - pretty light. I don't love the fit on mine; they're a little too baggy below the knee.
                            Thanks. Could you offer a comparison to another brand?

Comment

Thanks. Could you offer a comparison to another brand?
                              Fuller cut & (slightly) higher rise than BR Tailored Slim Fit. Much fuller cut than JC Bowery Slim.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                Fuller cut & (slightly) higher rise than BR Tailored Slim Fit. Much fuller cut than JC Bowery Slim.
                                TTS? Also fuller below the knee? I could get two pair for $95 right now. Strongly considering them.

Comment

Working...
                                X