This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
    If you really want a ludlow for less than retail and know you size, set up a search on eBay. They are on there quite often marked NWT or NWOT for much less than retail.
    Great idea, I've just never really purchased any clothing from ebay. Any highly recommended sellers? I guess the main problem would be finding a seller that had the correct jacket size and pants size together.

Comment

• Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
      Great idea, I've just never really purchased any clothing from ebay. Any highly recommended sellers? I guess the main problem would be finding a seller that had the correct jacket size and pants size together.
      You will probably have more luck getting them separately, but try both. Make a search for the jacket (something like J Crew Ludlow 42 Long ) in the blazers category and similar for the pants. Then make a suit search as well. If I were you I would just get the right jacket and try to get 'close enough' on the pants. If you are a 33 / 32 and get a 34 / 34 a tailor can fix that for you without much cost.

I don't have any sellers in mind. Just make an alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
        You will probably have more luck getting them separately, but try both. Make a search for the jacket (something like J Crew Ludlow 42 Long ) in the blazers category and similar for the pants. Then make a suit search as well. If I were you I would just get the right jacket and try to get 'close enough' on the pants. If you are a 33 / 32 and get a 34 / 34 a tailor can fix that for you without much cost.
        Thanks for the help! I'll definitely give it a try!

Comment

• J Crew's Thompson black wool, doublevented suits are on sale right now, but the image on their website looks closer to a charcoal shade. Does anyone know what the true colour is on the garment?

Comment

• Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
            Do the all season J.Crew wool Ludlow suits ever go on sale? I know seasonal stuff does, but really looking to buy a plain charcoal suit and can't drop $700 for it. I know I could get a nice Suitsupply for this price, but they don't come in 39R or separates.
            Yes, but rarely. Last year there was one promotion through e-mail; double vented suits and slim pants were 25% or 30% off (I forget). A few days ago I was able to find the navy wool jacket and matching pants in my size in the sale section for $470 shipped.

Comment

• [MENTION=9923]mjn082[/MENTION], please let me/us know how you like this, once you have it. I think you'll like the regular vs. slim fit in this. It feels good to have a little room in this kind of shirt.

Originally posted by mjn082 View Post
              Thanks for the update. Still waiting on mine. Anxious to see how "relaxed" it will be. Ordered an XS and even the slim fit XS is always as trim as I like. Maybe I should check out "Crew Cuts" for a test sometime, lol!

Comment

• Against my better judgment, given my past experience, I tried the Florsheim Veblens again. And once again, the quality of construction was surprisingly sloppy. This time, the most noticeable issue is that the stitching on one foot almost missed the welt and runs to the very edge, almost right off the side.

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=3E75E43F8B57D5D2&resid=3E75E43F8B57D5D2% 2115135&authkey=AAGoeWRNjLXo5XU" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=3E75E43F8B57D5D2&resid=3E75E43F8B57D5D2% 2115134&authkey=ADbPEjmWbhgnCB4" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

That's the inside of the heel on my right foot, which no one will see, so I'm not too worried about how it looks, even though the stitching is a bit frayed. I am worried about whether this will cause any durability issues in the long run. If I'm going to return them, today is the last day. What does everyone think? Should I keep them and trust that they'll hold up? Should I send them back and re-order replacements? Or should I send them back, give up on Florsheim longwings, and be grateful that at least I've got a good set of Havilands?

EDIT: It looks like the pictures may not have embedded properly, so here's a link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

Comment

• [MENTION=11233]facelessghost[/MENTION]: they look decent enough for me. I don't know about you, but I got my Veblens for around $75 so I wasn't expecting much from the finishing. I don't know if you should expect much more than what you've got.

Comment

• any tips for breaking in gustins?

the waist a bit tight (hindsight i wouldve gone up an inch), they're kinda nuthuggers, and im finding the buttons impossible to deal with....they literally hurt my hands to do and undo

Comment

• Here's my question: Am I the only one who gets white marks (usually from the outline of my iPhone, or my keys) on their pockets of dress pants? And if I'm not, how do you guys deal with this? It's usually on most, if not all of my darker dress pants...

Comment

• Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                        [MENTION=11233]facelessghost[/MENTION]: they look decent enough for me. I don't know about you, but I got my Veblens for around $75 so I wasn't expecting much from the finishing. I don't know if you should expect much more than what you've got.
                        Where did you get them for $75?

Comment

• Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          [MENTION=11233]facelessghost[/MENTION]: they look decent enough for me. I don't know about you, but I got my Veblens for around $75 so I wasn't expecting much from the finishing. I don't know if you should expect much more than what you've got.
                          That's what I figured. I'm mostly worried about the stitching affecting the durability, but the more I think about it the less likely that seems.

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                          Where did you get them for $75?
                          I'd like to know that, too. Of course, they're on My Habit right now for $85, which is pretty close. They have them in burgundy, red, and black.

Comment

• Can anyone compare the Veblens sizing to, say, the AE 5 Last? Or another common shoe around these parts?

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], I'm a pretty common 10.5 D in most shoes (except the unpredictable JCP shoe sizing) including Clarks Original DB's and Bushacre, and my Veblen's in 10.5 are probably about a half size too big.

Comment

• Holy cats, this stuff is expensive. Would you shop here? http://www.muffyaldrich.com/2014/06/...nd-joshua.html

Comment

Working...
                                X