This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Got my Lands End order today. Got a lambswool sweater on clearance. Figured since it is exactly 6 months to Christmas I should stock up Only cost $34, but I'm still not sure I'll keep it.

I also got this suit jacket. MUCH darker in person. I am thinking I can wear it with odd pants without it looking like an orphaned suit jacket. Maybe some pewter buttons to set it apart? Thoughts? If I keep it I will probably the let the sleeves down a touch.

The sweater is great. I would keep it for the holidays.

The jacket seems like a great fit. I really wanted an LE blazer (great quality/cost ratio), but the one I got a few months back was just too tight on the arms. I see no need to change the buttons.

Comment

Honestly, I had no delusions that the sweater would worn outbside of December. I am just deciding whether a sweater I will wear twice-ish a year is worth owning. I posted the pic because it was exactly 6 months until Christmas yesterday and I was trying to be funny.

I like the blazer (okay, suit jacket) a lot. I a was about 90% sure that it would be returned but now there is no way Haha. The thing is crazy soft too! Anyone every deal with Lands Ends guarantee before? These are my first to items from them.

Comment

What is the guarantee?

Comment

This comment on Muffy's site: "In my experience, you cannot go anywhere west of the Mississippi and find a grown man with a tucked-in dress shirt, OCBD or otherwise. To me, and I hope the trend is not drifting Eastward, it's a vain attempt at looking youthful. Grow up. Own your age. And dammit, tuck-tuck those pajamas!"

Basically we're perceived as yokels west of the Mississippi. And I agree that our generally sloppy attire only supports that perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            What is the guarantee?
            This. I am curious if it is like LL Bean or the old REI. Just wondering if anyone ever had any experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel
              Interestingly enough, Muffy is receiving responses from across the spectrum on this.
              It is pretty split but if I counted right the majority say it is OK in the right situation. Points out the versatility of the shirt and variance in style preferences, even in a specific community like muffy's.

Comment

This. I am curious if it is like LL Bean or the old REI. Just wondering if anyone ever had any experience with it.
                nope, but it sounds pretty awesome. BTW, I like both pieces.

Comment

LL Bean has a lifetime guarantee. Return anything, any time, any condition, any reason. I have a number of LL Bean things but I've been happy with everything, so no need to use the guarantee. Pretty awesome guarantee, though. I've heard of people getting old parkas replaced that way.

Comment

It's as good as advertised. I ripped a pair of cords 9 months after i purchased them. They took them back no questions asked. I really do like their slim chinos. Great for casual wear. The rise is a bit too low to wear in the office.

Comment

This is an internet forum, not a federal court. You don't have to prove jurisdiction and venue before you post and you're not going to have posts stricken from the record simply because they are irrelevant. Open-ended, free-flowing discussion is not only permitted but should be encouraged. If a thread goes in a particular direction that you're not interested in reading, you are perfectly free to ignore it, or to write a post in that thread that you perceive as more on-topic.

My personal approach to moderating is that I really don't give a flying eff in a rolling donut if a particular post is off-topic, as long as it's not 1) Spam/solicitation; 2) Offensive/insulting; or 3) So wildly off-topic that the original purpose of the thread has gone entirely unfulfilled (i.e. there is not a single post that directly responds to the original post) and the original poster asks for the thread to get back on track.

I can't speak for the other moderators, who may have their own approaches, but that's my philosophy. I have little interest in policing every post in the thread to see whether it is "on topic" or not and, if it is not on topic, forcing the poster to start a different thread just to preserve the purity of the first thread.
                      Ben

Comment

What's the purpose of a driving shoe for those who do not drive? They look like all-terrain mocs.

Regards,
                        Vic
                        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                          What's the purpose of a driving shoe for those who do not drive? They look like all-terrain mocs.

Regards,
                          Vic
                          Also wondering this....

Comment

I don't get them either. Then again there's a lot menswear options out there that I don't get.

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                            Also wondering this....

Comment

This was kind of discussed in another recent thread. I think they have a purpose but have become a fashion option. I am not a big fan but if I were going on a big road trip I would grab some.

Comment

To me driving mocs are a fashion thing now but I believe the grip on the back gives you better purchase when shifting a manual transmission vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X