Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any magic for getting your chelsea boots on with socks, but without punishing your toes? I have that weird genetic thing where one of my toes is longer than my big toe, so toe area sock restriction is agony.

Comment

I've got that genetic condition too. Are you talking about pain while putting the boots on? Like the sock catching and pulling your toe? In that case I'd recommend boots with more stretchy or larger elastic sections, to allow them to move more as you put them on. Or do you mean when they're on and the toe box is constricting? If you're sure they're the right size, try SuperFeet green insoles. I have an *inexpensive* pair of Deer Stags chelsea boots with these insoles, they make all the difference.
      I used to wear metatarsal pads like these. They go in your shoes on the insole, and they go just under the ball of your foot. They have the effect of raising the ball of your foot under the second toe so your long toe doesn't stick out as much. Might be uncomfortable to have something in your shoe, I eventually stopped wearing them and I find the SuperFeet to help a lot.

https://www.hapad.com/products/foref...etatarsal-pads

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
        I've got that genetic condition too. Are you talking about pain while putting the boots on? Like the sock catching and pulling your toe? In that case I'd recommend boots with more stretchy or larger elastic sections, to allow them to move more as you put them on. Or do you mean when they're on and the toe box is constricting? If you're sure they're the right size, try SuperFeet green insoles. I have an *inexpensive* pair of Deer Stags chelsea boots with these insoles, they make all the difference.
        I used to wear metatarsal pads like these. They go in your shoes on the insole, and they go just under the ball of your foot. They have the effect of raising the ball of your foot under the second toe so your long toe doesn't stick out as much. Might be uncomfortable to have something in your shoe, I eventually stopped wearing them and I find the SuperFeet to help a lot.

https://www.hapad.com/products/foref...etatarsal-pads
        Thanks!... it's just getting them on, once on they are perfect. But getting my foot through the opening and situated pulls the socks back toward the heel. The pressure of my foot hold the sock in the hyperextended state and puts constant pressure on the toe that sticks out... which means my chelseas (2 of them at least) just kind of sit there and never get worn.

Comment

Working...
        X