This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Do the BR Core Temp Chinos ever hit the sale section? Or are they considered "BR Exclusives" or whatever they are called, and often left out of the sales?
    Everything eventually hits the sales. Just watch them daily and pounce when what you want hits.

Comment

Originally posted by flatbear View Post
      Haha thanks for the recommendation. I'm still in grad school so I was hoping maybe less than $100 haha
      Watch out for the (very) occasional sale. They also have other fabrics which are a little less.

Comment

it was expensive. $50 to have tabs added, $25 to remove loops. He docked it to $65 total for the trouble

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with these Oxfords from Banana Republic?

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...tSearch_8_10_1

They're on sale for around $76.

Comment

Originally posted by kso88 View Post
            Has anyone had any experience with these Oxfords from Banana Republic?

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...tSearch_8_10_1

They're on sale for around $76.
            BR shoes in general are a great deal when 40-50% off. Decent quality, good looks, very comfortable. I own a few pairs (but not the one you link) and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
              BR shoes in general are a great deal when 40-50% off. Decent quality, good looks, very comfortable. I own a few pairs (but not the one you link) and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.
              Ended up pulling the trigger on a pair in black. Thanks.

Comment

Cheap tuxedo recommendation? Just have to wear it once or twice

Comment

Originally posted by flatbear View Post
                  Cheap tuxedo recommendation? Just have to wear it once or twice
                  I'd rent if that were the case. A lot goes into a Tux...not just the suit but shirt, studs, tie, and shoes.

Comment

Feedback please on Original Content Interactive comparison of men’s dress shirt brands.

I’d appreciate your feedback on this page which allows you to compare chest sizes and waist sizes for men’s dress shirts. You can select your collar and arm length and then the results are displayed.
                    Left side of the bars = waist size.
                    Right side of the bars = chest size
                    Length of the bars = drop

Particularly interested in usability comments. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Should a Breton shirt be navy with white stripes or white with navy stripes, as illustrated by these two options (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paul-James-...01M0D9205?th=1), or does this not make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight View Post
                        Feedback please on Original Content Interactive comparison of men’s dress shirt brands.

I’d appreciate your feedback on this page which allows you to compare chest sizes and waist sizes for men’s dress shirts. You can select your collar and arm length and then the results are displayed.
                        Left side of the bars = waist size.
                        Right side of the bars = chest size
                        Length of the bars = drop

Particularly interested in usability comments. Thanks in advance.
                        Doesn't seem to account for my measurements, which aren't too uncommon--42 chest, 35-36 waist, 16 neck, 34-35 sleeves.
                        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

so recovering from surgery and have gained some weight as I was in the hospital for 6 weeks plus pretty bed ridden after that. Obviously going to lose it and get back to normal weight, but starting a new job and my blazers were all tailored and kind of tight now.

So im looking to pick up some cheap blazers that "will do" in the short term. but if they are just going to look cheap/sleezy used cars men type of thing, I wont bother

Thoughts on these?

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...=midnight-navy

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...me=ashley-blue

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...eta-glen-plaid

Comment

What source would you recommend for 100% tropical wool trousers? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportocasin View Post
                              What source would you recommend for 100% tropical wool trousers? Thanks.
                              Spier and Mackay

Comment

Looking for suggestions for every-day wear sneakers to wear with dark indigo jeans. Bright white feels too high contrast to me, so I was considering gray / off-white / similar lower contrast colors.

Any suggestions? I prefer more simple/minimalist sneakers rather than athletic looking ones since I'd wear these around work and be a bit dressier.

Was considering killshots, but those are mostly white as well. I've had puma suedes in gray before but they were a bit bland. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X