Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations on good, leather flip flops/sandals? Been a while since I bought s pair, and back then, Rainbows were the choice.

Comment

Chaco makes leather flip flops now... last time I spent much time in flip flops, Chaco Flips were my favorite by far, and virtually indestructible.

Olukai is another brand I see at sporting good stores that looks pretty high quality and "luxurious" as far as flip flops go, though I have no experience with them.

I think both of these brands will probably have more "structure" and be somewhat more durable than Rainbows, though they will also be priced a bit higher.
      Ben

Comment

I would second the recommendation for Olukai. I own two pair and have no complaints with either of them.

Comment

Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by MexAggie12 View Post
            Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!
            What's your price range? Affordable varies for us all. Spier & Mackay has been my go to but they seem to be lacking casual shirts as of late. Seems like the next few weeks should have some new drops though. I've honestly only bought their shirts for the past 2-3 years so cannot comment on other brands. People seem to like J Crew and Banana Republic as well and the frequent sales help.

Comment

Not a fan of what JCrew has been doing recently but their shirts still make up the bulk of my casual rotation. I've got a couple of these to wear untucked with jeans. They run larger/longer than other JCrew shirts I've got (though not enough to size down IMO), so I shrunk them a bit by tossing them in the dryer after washing (usually won't do). They swap out colors on these somewhat often, with the discontinued colors moving to the Sale section.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...aelted-caramel

Other places I've picked some up: Taylor Stich, Huckberry, Club Monaco

Comment

I've been very surprised with Amazon's Goodthreads shirt quality/fit.

Comment

I stumbled upon this briefcase (http://imgur.com/j5Bbs5J) in my travels which seems to be in my travels which seems to be handmade full-grain, possibly latigo, leather but would like to evaluate whether it's as good a deal as I think (~$30). Thoughts? What should I pay attention to? Any heuristics?

Comment

Do the BR Core Temp Chinos ever hit the sale section? Or are they considered "BR Exclusives" or whatever they are called, and often left out of the sales?

Comment

anyone have any good recommendations for off the rack affordable side tab pants? I'm a short guy so some people suggested I try those so I dont have to wear belts.

Comment

I'm having issues with my shirt bunching up underneath my suspenders. It totally messes up the drape. Could this be because I'm using cheap all-elastic suspenders? Would a non elastic fabric not do this or do I need super slick satin ones? Is it just cause my shirt is a poor fit?

Comment

I don't have a recommend but I just got a suit that I had a tailor add tabs to and remove the belt loops. So far I've been uncertain about it. They will not pull as tight as a belt which can be more comfortable, but also feels less secure

Comment

Originally posted by zaxe View Post
                            I don't have a recommend but I just got a suit that I had a tailor add tabs to and remove the belt loops. So far I've been uncertain about it. They will not pull as tight as a belt which can be more comfortable, but also feels less secure
                            ah ok thanks. How much did that cost roughly? I usually dont have a problem with my pants falling off but I always just feel weird not wearing a belt with all the belt loops still on my trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by flatbear View Post
                              anyone have any good recommendations for off the rack affordable side tab pants? I'm a short guy so some people suggested I try those so I dont have to wear belts.
                              It depends on your definition of affordable. These from Spier & Mackay are an unbelievable value for Fresco wool (I own a pair and obviously love them):

https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-l...wn-fresco.html

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                                It depends on your definition of affordable. These from Spier & Mackay are an unbelievable value for Fresco wool (I own a pair and obviously love them):

https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-l...wn-fresco.html

Haha thanks for the recommendation. I'm still in grad school so I was hoping maybe less than $100 haha

Comment

Working...
                                X