Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a quick question, get an answer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
    What are people's thoughts on paring a navy sweater (like this one: https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...id=mens-fleece) with dark wash denim? Too matchy?
    I've done it. It can be too matchy at times but it really just depends on the colors in person.

    Comment


    • Field Jacket Search

      Hi all,

      I live in the Boston area, and I'm looking for a nice, mid-weight field jacket for days when I'm just going from my car to the door of the school where I work. I really like this jacket from Banana Republic, but I'd love to find one like it in an olive-green-or-darker-green shade without going over $200 list price... I'd love to get your thoughts. I'm 6', 155 lbs, and prefer things a little more fitted (usually S when shopping for most tops).

      These are the closest things I've been able to find on my own:
      - WenVen Men's Stand Collar Jacket
      - Alpha Industries M 65 Defender Field Jacket
      - A&F Removable Sherpa Combat Jacket
      - A&F Midweight Technical Jacket

      Thanks for your advice and insights!

      Comment


      • https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Washe...s=10&cgid=0308

        This is in the BB sale section, and is probably cut slim.

        Comment


        • What is this style sweater called? With the colored flecks woven in. I want one or two and am trying to find good key words to search.

          Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] That's a gorgeous sweater, try "flecked donegal"

            https://putthison.com/flecked-sweate...ow-if-its-too/

            https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Doneg...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thedrake View Post
              [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] That's a gorgeous sweater, try "flecked donegal"

              https://putthison.com/flecked-sweate...ow-if-its-too/

              https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Doneg...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
              Perfect, thanks!

              Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Scenario: Girlfriend's friends' private holiday party at a nice hotel
                Dress code: Whatever you would like/be comfortable in...the few people I know are going to head in somewhat dressed up, likely a suit, no tie, etc.

                Question: I have been wanting to try the suit sans tie plus sweater combo. I have a medium-navy suit and was thinking of a dark green sweater over a windowpane button up, can it be done, or will it all be too busy?

                https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...843&pcid=44866 - white
                https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...446&pcid=28660 - cilantro green
                https://bonobos.com/products/jetsett...SABEgIcI_D_BwE

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dtbleu View Post
                  Scenario: Girlfriend's friends' private holiday party at a nice hotel
                  Dress code: Whatever you would like/be comfortable in...the few people I know are going to head in somewhat dressed up, likely a suit, no tie, etc.

                  Question: I have been wanting to try the suit sans tie plus sweater combo. I have a medium-navy suit and was thinking of a dark green sweater over a windowpane button up, can it be done, or will it all be too busy?

                  https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...843&pcid=44866 - white
                  https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...446&pcid=28660 - cilantro green
                  https://bonobos.com/products/jetsett...SABEgIcI_D_BwE
                  That could work. May get a little hot if you start dancing or moving around too much indoors.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dtbleu View Post
                    Scenario: Girlfriend's friends' private holiday party at a nice hotel
                    Dress code: Whatever you would like/be comfortable in...the few people I know are going to head in somewhat dressed up, likely a suit, no tie, etc.

                    Question: I have been wanting to try the suit sans tie plus sweater combo. I have a medium-navy suit and was thinking of a dark green sweater over a windowpane button up, can it be done, or will it all be too busy?

                    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...843&pcid=44866 - white
                    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...446&pcid=28660 - cilantro green
                    https://bonobos.com/products/jetsett...SABEgIcI_D_BwE
                    Not too busy in terms of color/pattern, but the sweater fabric or cut or texture seems a touch casual to wear under that suit. Maybe under a tweed jacket. I'm not sure how to articulate what I'm seeing, but it seems just a little bit off.

                    I think I'd want to see it all put together for a final opinion.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      That could work. May get a little hot if you start dancing or moving around too much indoors.
                      Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                      Not too busy in terms of color/pattern, but the sweater fabric or cut or texture seems a touch casual to wear under that suit. Maybe under a tweed jacket. I'm not sure how to articulate what I'm seeing, but it seems just a little bit off.

                      I think I'd want to see it all put together for a final opinion.
                      Thanks! I ended up not liking the look as much as I was hoping and went more traditional. Good thing, because it was warm in the room!

                      Comment


                      • Anyone know a good place to buy a merino wool fair isle sweater? Lambs wool is a bit too hot for my location, even in winter, and cotton sweaters don't hold us as well in my experience. Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • Anyone have experience with the fit of Jomers’ shirts? Considering picking up their new shaggy flannel shirt, but unsure how slim, slim fit is. For reference I’m about Joe’s size.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • I bought a slim fit Jomers shirt recently - the washed button down in burgundy/rose gingham. It's slim, but not button-puckering-ly so. I will say the sleeves are pretty long. When buttoned, they constantly creep down over the bottom of the palm of my hand. Other than that, though, it fits nicely in the chest and shoulders.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BrandonD View Post
                              Anyone know a good place to buy a merino wool fair isle sweater? Lambs wool is a bit too hot for my location, even in winter, and cotton sweaters don't hold us as well in my experience. Thanks!
                              Merino and fair isle is a rare combination. The fair isle pattern usually goes with more burly yarns, as befits a pattern from the islands north of Scotland.

                              Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • I recently purchased the BR Italian Motion-Stretch Blazer. I really like it, it looks great and I dig the flexibility of the fabric. My problem comes in with the sleeves - I didn't notice right away, but the suit has functioning sleeve buttons. I have fairly short arms, so I nearly always have to have my sleeves shortened. Normally I would just return the blazer and move on, but I really want to make this one work. I need the arms shortened about 2 inches for the length to be great, which is halfway in to the buttons. I ordered a 40R, so theoretically I could order a 40S which would have an inch shorter arms (according to BR's site) so tailoring would likely be a bit easier, but also would have an inch shorter body length (and the body length is pretty much dead on for me with the 40R). Should I return it for the 40S, bring it to a tailor and see what they can do, or just deal with the long sleeves?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X