Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also find out what the wedding party is wearing and use that as an idea. Suits for the groom and groomsmen (or bridesmen, whatever, I'm woke!) would be a more casual thing than if they were wearing tuxes or morning dress. Khakis and dress shirts even less. My general rule of thumb is one step below the wedding party in terms of formality.

Comment

Yeah, I have a (perhaps irrational) reluctance to hit the bride/groom up with these types of questions as I generally imagine they're dealing with a million more important things. They ended up sending out an email yesterday saying that the attire was "garden party formal" at which point I kind of gave up and just texted the groom asking WTF that meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
        "garden party formal" at which point I kind of gave up and just texted the groom asking WTF that meant.
        In my experience, the expectation is to wear a tan cotton/linen suit or some kind of black watch tartan sports jacket.

The reality is nobody knows what this means and show up in linen slacks and sandals.

Comment

Hello folks.

Quick question I should already know the answer to- Most suitable shoe to wear with dark jeans and polo/button down in a casual work environment?

I have some Wolverine suede chukkas and some brown leather chelsea boots which both get worn a lot but I'd like something else.....I was wearing oxblood monk straps with brogueing (the BR Waller I think?) which worked well I thought but they've worn out.

What do you wear with dark jeans and a polo/button down?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonn View Post
            Hello folks.

Quick question I should already know the answer to- Most suitable shoe to wear with dark jeans and polo/button down in a casual work environment?

I have some Wolverine suede chukkas and some brown leather chelsea boots which both get worn a lot but I'd like something else.....I was wearing oxblood monk straps with brogueing (the BR Waller I think?) which worked well I thought but they've worn out.

What do you wear with dark jeans and a polo/button down?

Thanks!
            You could wear some of these:

https://dappered.com/2018/09/longwin...stment-worthy/

I wear my two pairs of AE wingtip derby shoes with jeans, one in walnut and the other oxblood.

I also wear a pair of Herring Premier monk strap shoes in a very light tan with jeans. Plus some boots, but it seems like you have boots covered.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

I have something like these that I love wearing with denim. I have short wings and not long wings but this color suede is very versatile.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...&pid=361770002

Comment

Anyone have suggestions for is bigger guys on nice affordable suits? I'm a 48 long in tailored fit and 50 long in slim in the cheaper brands but it seems most of the good deals on nicer brands don't carry my size.

Comment

How would you guys wear this coat? https://www.asos.com/asos-design/aso...20Item%20Image

Comment

Whoa. That is a pretty bold jacket [MENTION=18786]ArthurCoats[/MENTION]. I'd likely pair it with a pair of dark, maybe black, denim jeans and maybe a light blue OCBD for contrast. Hard to say though.

Comment

Anyone know what this is worth? Was given it as a gift and it's a bit intimidating to wear lol.

https://imgur.com/a/pVVnqam

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurCoats View Post
                        I'd wear that with dark jeans or dark dress trousers and a button shirt or a sweater.
                        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

What is that [MENTION=13307]believe0101[/MENTION]? From the photo is looks like a scarf.
                          Last edited by DocDave; September 25, 2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Sorry that was unclear - yes, it's a 65% cashmere/35% silk scarf.

I'm pretty low key when it comes to scarves (I have a couple small, utilitarian circle scarves) and have never owned any fancy ones like this.... So I was a little thrown off by it being Zegna and made of such premium materials.

Comment

Thanks. I don't think the scarf is too showy. Depending on what you have for jackets (and if you live in a cold climate) the scarf could go well with a peacoat. Or maybe I just have peacoats on the brain from another thread on here...

Comment

Does Loake exclusively mark their shoes in UK sizes?

I'm looking at a pair of shoes and wondering if it's UK 11 or US 11.5.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X