Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy gents, I'm looking for an affordable pair of jeans (about the price of Levi's), that would look good on a shorter guy (likely mid rise, for a 5'6" guy), and come in a slim or tapered fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

I'm 5'7" and pretty skinny, and have had good luck with BR - not sure if that falls within your price range (although presumably you'd be buying at 40% off or so).

Comment

Hi Tacitus, thanks for the response. I'm a bulkier dude at around 175#s, but BR has served me well in the past. I'll have to try them out and wait for the 40% off sale. I'll take any other suggestions at around $50.

Comment

Originally posted by MexAggie12 View Post
          Hi Tacitus, thanks for the response. I'm a bulkier dude at around 175#s, but BR has served me well in the past. I'll have to try them out and wait for the 40% off sale. I'll take any other suggestions at around $50.
          If there are any still available in your size you could try out the jeans that Jomers just released. You will definitely have to get them hemmed as they all come with a 34" inseam. I actually picked up a pair of the Olive jeans shortly after Joe reviewed them and really like them for what they are. A lightweight jean with a comfortable amount of stretch for the warmer months. With your average hemming costs they can come in close to the $50 mark you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by MexAggie12 View Post
            Howdy gents, I'm looking for an affordable pair of jeans (about the price of Levi's), that would look good on a shorter guy (likely mid rise, for a 5'6" guy), and come in a slim or tapered fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!
            I don't have a specific jean suggestion, but I've been having good results using Nordstrom Rack's website--the selection is way bigger than in their stores, the prices start at about $30, and the in-store returns are easy. I order a bunch of styles and sizes, try them on when I get them, and then return all that I don't want.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

I scooped up a pair of those Chippewa’s that were featured on the site last week. They are a light tan color with very soft boot leather. What is the best way to care for this type of work boot? I’ve read about so many different boot/shoe care products and the information and number of guides is overwhelming. Polished, waxed, conditioners etc.

I have mink oil that I’ve used on my Clark’s boots, but I’m not sure that would be a good fit here. I think they may darken the leather too much. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by hasenkopfe View Post
                I scooped up a pair of those Chippewa’s that were featured on the site last week. They are a light tan color with very soft boot leather. What is the best way to care for this type of work boot? I’ve read about so many different boot/shoe care products and the information and number of guides is overwhelming. Polished, waxed, conditioners etc.

I have mink oil that I’ve used on my Clark’s boots, but I’m not sure that would be a good fit here. I think they may darken the leather too much. Any advice?
                Main thing is to get some sort of conditioner: Bick 4, AE leather lotion, etc. and apply that every once in a while. If you don't like scuffs then you should get a cream polish to fill those in, but I would avoid wax polishes as I don't think a work boot needs a mirror shine.
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                  Main thing is to get some sort of conditioner: Bick 4, AE leather lotion, etc. and apply that every once in a while. If you don't like scuffs then you should get a cream polish to fill those in, but I would avoid wax polishes as I don't think a work boot needs a mirror shine.
                  Thank you.

I am concerned with minimizing scuffs. Would a neutral shoe cream work? Or, do I need to find an appropriate shade?

Comment

Originally posted by hasenkopfe View Post
                    Thank you.

I am concerned with minimizing scuffs. Would a neutral shoe cream work? Or, do I need to find an appropriate shade?
                    You'll need to find the appropriate shade. If you want to cover up scuffs you'll need a shoe cream with a pigment that'll dye the leather. I'd recommend a shoe cream that's lighter than the actual color of the leather, that way you'll minimize the risk of darkening the leather.
                    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Buy up or buy down?

I am a size 47 jacket. Buy up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyR2 View Post
                        I am a size 47 jacket. Buy up or down?
                        Depends on the brand but I would try on both a 46 and a 48 to be sure. Terrible answer but depending on the brand and fit I am either a 40 or 42.

Comment

Let me re-phrase my question. I am a size 47 jacket. I bought both a 46 and a 48. As you might expect, the 46 is a bit tight and the 48 is a bit big. Which one would you keep and get tailored.

Comment

If one of them fits in the shoulders, keep it and get it tailored in the waist. If neither fits in the shoulders return them both.
                            Ben

Comment

I'm attending a black tie optional wedding in a few weeks. Since I don't own a tux or plan on renting one I'm wearing a charcoal suit. Would wearing a black tie be advisable even though I'm not wearing a tux? Or is that some sort a faux pas?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                I'm attending a black tie optional wedding in a few weeks. Since I don't own a tux or plan on renting one I'm wearing a charcoal suit. Would wearing a black tie be advisable even though I'm not wearing a tux? Or is that some sort a faux pas?
                                day or night event?

Comment

Working...
                                X