Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some random links based on my keyword search of 'wedding'. Hope they help.

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...hlight=wedding

Comment

My first question would be why black? Outdoors in August in black sounds awful. Plus, many people prefer not to wear black unless it's a funeral or very formal event, so you may be limiting the re-wear possibilities of the suit for you and them. Light gray, medium gray, blue, or navy would be options to think about at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurps View Post
        My first question would be why black? Outdoors in August in black sounds awful. Plus, many people prefer not to wear black unless it's a funeral or very formal event, so you may be limiting the re-wear possibilities of the suit for you and them. Light gray, medium gray, blue, or navy would be options to think about at least.
        The colores we have chosen are black red and white. We went SDSU, which were the school colors and we are already committed to that color scheme. We will be wearing red ties, pocket squares, and white boutonnieres.

Comment

Originally posted by darwin503 View Post
          First, Am I crazy for going with a suit over a tux?

And second, is it possible to get a nice suit for under $200? I will probably have to at least supplement the cost of the suits for my groomsmen, so I have to stay on budget. I'm not including the shirt, tie, etc. Under $200 for jacket and pants. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I saw a Kenneth Cole Reaction suit for $169 at Macy's today that looked nice, but I don't own a suit, and have no idea what I'm looking for. I know I like slim fits, but one of my groomsman is pushing 300lbs.
          I black tux may be useful to you if you have events to wear it to (I personally am not living a lifestyle at the moment where I have any opportunity to wear a tux). A black suit is not as useful as a navy or grey suit down the line, but it sounds like there is no changing this now.

I would say that under $200 there is no such thing as a "nice suit", unless you score an amazing deal on an end-of-season suit that's been marked down substancially. This is not something you can cound on finding, either in your size, never mind for yourself and all your groomsmen. I would just go for whatever black suit fits you and your groomsmen and meets your budget any not worry about quality, since at that pricepoint they are probably not all that different.

Comment

You might want to consider charcoal. It often reads as black and would be more useful afterwards for job interviews, etc.

Comment

is combatant gentleman no longer a good source for a cheap, quality suit?

Comment

[MENTION=17589]darwin503[/MENTION] here's the latest as far as Joe is concerned: https://dappered.com/2017/09/has-com...t-of-business/

Personally, I'd avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by darwin503 View Post
                  is combatant gentleman no longer a good source for a cheap, quality suit?
                  Most would argue that combat gent was never a good source for a cheap, quality suit.

Comment

I agree with charcoal being more useful for future use while still coming close to black for the purpose he said. I also think at under $200 if you can't find a great deal you should at least hold each groomsmens hand to get it tailored so the fit is on point. A well fitting suit can always cover up cheaper fabric I think.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202222489197

I want to buy this dress for my wife, who is a size 16 and I need help on how 'one size' works? Her size is quite common and easy to find so will this fit her? I want to surprise her so I don't want to ask her just yet. Any help is useful.

Comment

Need some new spring bars for my Mako XL. Any suggestions on where to get a good pair? Got a pair from a mall kiosk a while back and they were trash. Wondering if Amazon would be the same sub par quality

Thanks!
                        We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                          Need some new spring bars for my Mako XL. Any suggestions on where to get a good pair? Got a pair from a mall kiosk a while back and they were trash. Wondering if Amazon would be the same sub par quality

Thanks!
                          Have you tried Orient’s website? If they are not listed on the site, it might be worth reaching out to their customer service team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post
                            Have you tried Orient’s website? If they are not listed on the site, it might be worth reaching out to their customer service team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            The Orient spring bars also seem to be a bit flimsy. Shortly after buying the watch, the original spring bar snapped at a Panthers game while I was cheering and my watch flew two rows down. Luckily it hit someone and not the ground, lol
                            We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

I went to a local jeweler and got 'em swapped out last time mine gave out. I have a Ray (the old version with the pusher) and the jeweler told me a really robust spring bar won't fit in the hole drilled out of the lugs. The key is getting the right length, if it's a millimeter too long or too short you're in trouble and Orient can use funky lengths.

Comment

Hey what's up everybody. Does anyone have any thoughts about buying this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samuelsohn-...sAAOSwLgNaZRLO for my second sport coat? I already have a navy single-breasted wool one.

Comment

Working...
                                X