X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bixmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by Vic View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the following two Red Wing Heritage boots, the Iron Ranger 8085 and the Blacksmith 3343. Same last, same sole, same Copper Rough & Tough leather.

I already have a pair of the IRs in Hawthorne Muleskinner roughout leather and a pair of Alden 403s. This boot will replace my Wolverine 1000 Mile McClean (brown Cxl captoe).

Thoughts?

-Vic
    My thoughts, the Blacksmith is a bit taller, and doesn't have the cap toe. If you need the extra height, and don't need a cap toe, it would be something different in your wardrobe. The Iron Ranger is named after a part of Minnesota which I once called home, so it is my sentimental favorite. You can't go wrong with an area that gave the world Bob Dylan, The Greyhound Bus, Robert Mondavi, Kevin McHale, Vincent Bugliosi, Roger Maris, Judy Garland, The Carlson Brothers AKA the Hansen Brothers in Slap Shot, Chris Pratt, and more Olympic and NHL Hockey players than you can shake a goalie stick at.

So, the Iron Ranger, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Vic
    replied
    I'm trying to decide between the following two Red Wing Heritage boots, the Iron Ranger 8085 and the Blacksmith 3343. Same last, same sole, same Copper Rough & Tough leather.

I already have a pair of the IRs in Hawthorne Muleskinner roughout leather and a pair of Alden 403s. This boot will replace my Wolverine 1000 Mile McClean (brown Cxl captoe).

Thoughts?

-Vic

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
    Can I wear these boots with a suit?: https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/JCP...4201517004591M
    Those are Stafford Gunners, you can wear em with a suit, depending on the suit or slacks. I wouldn't wear them to anything formal, such as a wedding or funeral. I personally am not a fan of boots and suits, but some pull it off.

Leave a comment:

• elduderino260
    replied
    Can I wear these boots with a suit?: https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/JCP...4201517004591M

Leave a comment:

• aps2012
    replied
    Originally posted by MareKobe View Post
    Hi all, first post here.
    So I'm taking my wife to see one of our favourite bands from when we first started seeing eachother. It's a folk rock band in a small venue (a bar). The date will just be watching the show - nothing else booked. I'm pretty casual in general, but own most items typically discussed on Dappered.com.
    My go-to outfit for nights out is usually OCBD or plaid with dark jeans and chukas or Blundstones, maybe a blazer or sport coat. Also of note, we're in Canada and there is a foot of snow on the ground, it's cold outside! I'm 43 if that matters. What should I wear? Appreciate any and all feedback!
    I think this should be posted in the main forum.

[and an aside, not directed at MareKobe at all, but this is why I hate this thread. When I do occasionally read it - mainly when I'm bored with the slow turnover on the main forum - I don't see much difference between the questions posted here and 60% of the independent posts. and answers and questions get mixed up and put on different pages. I just don't get it. Rant over.]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X