Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my first post here, so not sure if this is the right thread. I am looking to buy a decent messenger bag and online search yielded websites like "Modern Man Bag", "Vagabond Traveler" etc. These sites have good prices and claim to be using full grain leather. Wondering if anyone bought bags from these places? I am living in Toronto, hence looking for options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
      Question... I'm looking into replacing the horrid black Men's Wearhouse suit I bought as a stupid college kid. I'm looking at S&M and debating between the solid charcoal and the sharkskin charcoal. I like the little bit of visual interest that the sharkskin gives, but I also don't want to undermine the versatility. Short of a major job change, this will be my one suit, so it has to work for everything from weddings, funerals and job interviews. Is sharkskin acceptable in all of the above, or should I stick with solid?
      Either will suffice. In looking at the two options you mentioned on the S&M website, the variance isn't a large as I thought it would be, so go with the one you like best. For what it's worth, I like the look of the Sharkskin better (nice texture to it), and it shouldn't be any less versatile for interviews or funerals IMO.

Comment

• Hi guys. Can you help me to find the jacket that Royce Da wear in Fast Lane video ?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4 This is the video.
        Or if not exactly the same , can you navigate me to the type that his top is ? Or what should i search in internet ?
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikhilsrl View Post
          This is my first post here, so not sure if this is the right thread. I am looking to buy a decent messenger bag and online search yielded websites like "Modern Man Bag", "Vagabond Traveler" etc. These sites have good prices and claim to be using full grain leather. Wondering if anyone bought bags from these places? I am living in Toronto, hence looking for options.
          There are a lot of options out there. I have no experience with either of the companies you've listed above. My messenger bag was a gift to me from my wife a few Christmas's back. It's from Coach. My only complaint about the bag are the baggy pockets inside the bag. They tag up valuable room for books, glasses, etc. And when putting items in the bag, those items always get hung up on the internal pockets. My advice is pay close attention to what the interior of the bag is like. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikhilsrl View Post
            This is my first post here, so not sure if this is the right thread. I am looking to buy a decent messenger bag and online search yielded websites like "Modern Man Bag", "Vagabond Traveler" etc. These sites have good prices and claim to be using full grain leather. Wondering if anyone bought bags from these places? I am living in Toronto, hence looking for options.
            Go here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/NormCahnLeatherworks - talk to Norm. No one doing a better job.

Comment

• Thanks DocDave & mrage

Comment

• Is there a difference in formality/applicability between chamois, flannel, and chambray shirts?

Comment

• Recommendations for merino wool casual socks (pretty thin, but thicker than dress socks).

More details:
                  I'm looking for something to wear with chukkas and other boots/casual fall shoes, so thicker than dress socks, but not much. I live in the south, so I don't want thick socks at all (I have a few pairs of thicker merino wool socks, and they're too hot to wear basically year round with the small exception of wearing them to sleep on a few cold nights (and no heat on)). I have some smartwool ankle socks for working out, and I love that I can wear them a few times before washing. Would love a few pairs of (mostly) merino wool socks to wear during the few cool months

I'm price-conscious, but I'm looking for a decent quality sock that will be comfortable and relatively durable. So I'll spend a little extra for that.

Help? I've not had much luck on my own - either too thin or too thick. Tired of wasting money searching. Recommendations much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just picked this watch up. I like the look of the white face/blue hands, but hate this band. Question - would one of those modern cloth straps (probably in blue to bring out the hands) be appropriate, or is this watch to "old school" for that kind of band.
                    Include pics or links to what band would be good. Thanks!

Comment

• This thread will give you some good advice: https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...hlight=bambino

This one might help you out too: https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...hlight=bambino

Comment

• Ask a quick question, get an answer

I would think that a blue perlon strap could work. You could try a cheap one for $8 and if you like it get a better one from Eulit - they have one that is midnight blue with a nicer weave than the cheap ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by migrabill View Post
                          Just picked this watch up. I like the look of the white face/blue hands, but hate this band. Question - would one of those modern cloth straps (probably in blue to bring out the hands) be appropriate, or is this watch to "old school" for that kind of band.
                          This double woven one will look nice with it. https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...perlon-strap-2

Really cheap and only $2 shipping from Sweden. I have several straps from them and they're good stuff, especially for the price. Lots of cheap leather bands on sale for only $6 in their clearance/sale section.

Comment

Just picked this watch up. I like the look of the white face/blue hands, but hate this band. Question - would one of those modern cloth straps (probably in blue to bring out the hands) be appropriate, or is this watch to "old school" for that kind of band.
                            You could also go with one of these awesome ones.... Especially the banana one!
                            https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...ic-nato-straps

Comment

• Most of these straps being recommended are available in 20 or 22MM. One thing makes this situation so limiting is it requires a 21mm strap.

Comment

Most of these straps being recommended are available in 20 or 22MM. One thing makes this situation so limiting is it requires a 21mm strap.
                                A 22mm strap will fit just fine on a 21mm lug, especially the perlon ones. Thicker nylon NATO and leather straps might be a tighter squeeze, but you can buy curved lug springs on Amazon to allow for greater clearance (it's what I have on my 22mm Orient to fit a thick leather strap). I also use several of my 22mm straps on my 20mm Invicta.

As for two piece leather bands, you can usually easily squeeze the extra 1mm or you can shave down the lug end without affecting the look or durability.

Either way, go up in size, not down.

Comment

Working...
                                X