Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how Wolverine Kilometers match up to 1000 mile boots? I wear a 10.5 in 1000 Miles, but it's a touch snug. But apparently the Kilometers are smaller, so maybe size up?

Comment

I know I already posted this, but can anyone else who has the SuitSupply tuxedo point me towards a bow tie and cummerbund that match the grosgrain lapels? A set from J Hilburn arrived today, but they don't have nearly the sheen the lapels do. Any help would be appreciated! Event is Saturday, so I'm sweating a little...

Comment

Thoughts on chocloate corduroy blazer for a man in his 30s?

https://imgur.com/a/ZgX13

Comment

Originally posted by ncf05 View Post
          Thoughts on chocloate corduroy blazer for a man in his 30s?

https://imgur.com/a/ZgX13
          First time I've heard of corduroy blazer (I only heard of corduroy pants) now I want one LOL

Comment

The forecast temp for NYC this Thursday is 72 degrees and sunny, with a low in the mid-50s. https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/10010:4:US

If this is relevant, yesterday and today are pretty cold. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. Warms up tomorrow.

The question: I bought a seersucker jacket on clearance. How out of season would it look if I wore it to the office on Thursday? It's stylistically approprirate for my office no doubt, but, seasonally or weather appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by Logjammin View Post
              The forecast temp for NYC this Thursday is 72 degrees and sunny, with a low in the mid-50s. https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/10010:4:US

If this is relevant, yesterday and today are pretty cold. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. Warms up tomorrow.

The question: I bought a seersucker jacket on clearance. How out of season would it look if I wore it to the office on Thursday? It's stylistically approprirate for my office no doubt, but, seasonally or weather appropriate?
              If it is solid navy people won't notice it but the classic blue/white stripes will get noticed. Out of season for seersucker even in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                If it is solid navy people won't notice it but the classic blue/white stripes will get noticed. Out of season for seersucker even in the south.
                Yeah, it's the classic. And you're probably right, no real talking myself into this.

Thank you!

Comment

Red Wing owners,

I have a Red Wing store close to the house and I am trying to choose between the Iron Range or the 875 Moc Toe. Can you gentlemen let me know which boot you have and if you would recommend it? If you have a different model but would recommend it, let me know that too. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothy View Post
                    Red Wing owners,

I have a Red Wing store close to the house and I am trying to choose between the Iron Range or the 875 Moc Toe. Can you gentlemen let me know which boot you have and if you would recommend it? If you have a different model but would recommend it, let me know that too. Thank you!
                    I own both and I would recommend both. They are both a work boot, so it would come down to your own personal preference, what you like better. You're wearing em.

Comment

Iron Ranger. I owned the Moc Toe and a) didn't like the look on my foot and b) found them TERRIBLY uncomfortable. But as [MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION] said in the end it comes down to your own personal preference.

Comment

Am I crazy, or is this cream-colored wool/silk patch pocket sportcoat the coolest thing ever?

https://imgur.com/a/tnTMp

Listed for $140 by a guy on Reddit. He also listed it on eBay for $90 + $12 shipping. Seems to be in quite good condition, and would round out my F/W jacket collection nicely (1 navy tweed, 1 olive moleskin, and a brown harris tweed for fun)

I've been searching a light grey F/W sportcoat for months, and this scratches that itch...but is cream too tough to pull off? Hmmmmmm. What do y'all think?

Comment

Does anyone with the J.Crew Dock Peacoat know how much (if any) material is available to lengthen the sleeves?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                            Does anyone with the J.Crew Dock Peacoat know how much (if any) material is available to lengthen the sleeves?
                            I have a green one from a few years ago. As with most JCrew jackets/coats the sleeves run on the long side. There is maybe enough material to lengthen the sleeves another half inch... Maybe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Question... I'm looking into replacing the horrid black Men's Wearhouse suit I bought as a stupid college kid. I'm looking at S&M and debating between the solid charcoal and the sharkskin charcoal. I like the little bit of visual interest that the sharkskin gives, but I also don't want to undermine the versatility. Short of a major job change, this will be my one suit, so it has to work for everything from weddings, funerals and job interviews. Is sharkskin acceptable in all of the above, or should I stick with solid?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                                I have a green one from a few years ago. As with most JCrew jackets/coats the sleeves run on the long side. There is maybe enough material to lengthen the sleeves another half inch... Maybe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the info [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X