Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12827]Rocco[/MENTION] Short answer - yes.

Comment

Thanks for the answers, guys.

One more black tie question: for those with the SuitSupply tux, have you found a cummerbund that matches the lapels? Event is Oct 7, and I'm going to SuitSupply Sunday to get fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
        Thanks for the answers, guys.

One more black tie question: for those with the SuitSupply tux, have you found a cummerbund that matches the lapels? Event is Oct 7, and I'm going to SuitSupply Sunday to get fitted.
        I got the Fort Belvedere Wide Ribbed Grosgrain Cummerbund in Black Silk and matching tie. However, they are very expensive and it was an extravagance for items I wear two times a year at most.

Regarding Suitsupply, I suggest not getting the combo. The tie doesn't match the lapels and the shoes are uncomfortable, especially while standing (which is often what you do while wearing black tie). If I had to do it again, I would get the suit alone and find a pair of black whole-cuts elsewhere. Patent leather is not versatile and I don't like Suitsupply's shoes, especially compared with Allen Edmonds or Carmina.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
          I got the Fort Belvedere Wide Ribbed Grosgrain Cummerbund in Black Silk and matching tie. However, they are very expensive and it was an extravagance for items I wear two times a year at most.

Regarding Suitsupply, I suggest not getting the combo. The tie doesn't match the lapels and the shoes are uncomfortable, especially while standing (which is often what you do while wearing black tie). If I had to do it again, I would get the suit alone and find a pair of black whole-cuts elsewhere. Patent leather is not versatile and I don't like Suitsupply's shoes, especially compared with Allen Edmonds or Carmina.
          Yea I'm just getting the tux and maybe the shirt (which seems to be out of stock). For the tie, I was going to see how it matched the lapels in person, so thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the Kent Wang cummerbund and tie, but the grosgrain seems quite a bit more pronounced. That's kinda the price range I'm looking, $150 for the set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
            Yea I'm just getting the tux and maybe the shirt (which seems to be out of stock). For the tie, I was going to see how it matched the lapels in person, so thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the Kent Wang cummerbund and tie, but the grosgrain seems quite a bit more pronounced. That's kinda the price range I'm looking, $150 for the set.
            You should know it's a five stud shirt, which can be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
              Another watch question (maybe I'll turn this into a daily thing) - does anyone have a recommendation on a leather strap for a http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/ha.../H74451833.pid that will work well with AE's walnut color?

I've decided to stop being lazy about my brown leathers matching, ordered a walnut belt and everything.

Thanks in advance.
              Hmm, looks from that linked page like the stock strap is 19mm? That limits the options somewhat. As a test, you might want to try a strap from another watch you have just to see if a 20mm strap would fit. Alternatively, you could try an 18mm strap, which would fit for sure. This looks like a nice strap - I don't have one, but I've heard good things about these Colareb straps: http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...d-aviator-tan/

Comment

A leather strap will most likely soften up and stretch a bit, so I think you'll be able to fit a 20mm strap onto the 19, just stretch/break it in a little first on its own.

Comment

I have a sizing question about AE Dundee 2.0 boots. My other AE shoes are 11D and seem to fit pretty well (Fifth Avenue and Strand). I ordered a pair of Dundee 2.0 suede boots and they're a bit smug at the front but also seem quite narrow and pinch the area around my small toes. Going to a store isn't an option for me so I'm trying to make an educated guess about what to order next time to try and avoid return fees stacking up. Would it be beneficial to just go to an 11.5d or should I go with an e instead? I've never had a wide shoe before but these seem pretty narrow to me. I'm curious if anyone has dundees and can compare them to other AE shoes or can give width advice.

Comment

I wear 10.5E in the 5 last (Strand and McAllister) and 11D in the Dundee 2.0, if that helps. I agree that the Dundee is not as roomy as you might expect from a chukka, but I still find them comfortable.

Comment

Looking at buying the Chippewa for J Crew captoe boots, I missed the damn sale in June so now I am relegated to eBay. Wondering on sizing....I wear 9.5 in Wolverine 1000 miles, 9.5 in clarks, but I think I wore a 10 in the J Crew bucks...any insight on sizing for those is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                        Looking at buying the Chippewa for J Crew captoe boots, I missed the damn sale in June so now I am relegated to eBay. Wondering on sizing....I wear 9.5 in Wolverine 1000 miles, 9.5 in clarks, but I think I wore a 10 in the J Crew bucks...any insight on sizing for those is appreciated!
                        I'm an 8E, but usually get 8.5s, I went ahead with 8.5 in the boots you're looking for (I'm wearing them right now) and I'd stay stick with your normal shoe (not boot) size, don't size down. They're a little snug around the middle of the foot (which is why I couldn't get the wolverine 1000 mile Adrian captoes during Nordstrom's anniversary sale, way too tight around the top of my mid foot and I was between sizes so nothing worked). You could try going into a J.Crew and ask them if they can look up if any store has them in stock (that's what I did, but they had a returned one to scan to look, so you'll need to provide them the item # or SKU), that's what I did and got really lucky as there were only 2 left in my size across the country.

Comment

The Jcrew Chippewas fit TTS. I'm a 10 and I've bought two pairs in 10. Both fit perfectly.

Comment

Is this navy, or is it too bright to be considered navy? Appropriate for an interview? http://apac.suitsupply.com/en/suits/...n/P4291NI.html
                            Last edited by elduderino260; October 2, 2017, 01:45 AM.

Comment

That looks blue, rather than navy; it's probably still fine for an interview in some contexts, but might be a bit too bright if you're trying to be conservative. Although again, I doubt most employers these days would care.

Comment

Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
                                Is this navy, or is it too bright to be considered navy? Appropriate for an interview? http://apac.suitsupply.com/en/suits/...n/P4291NI.html
                                That's definitely more mid-blue than Navy. I wouldn't hesitate wearing it for a 2nd or 3rd interview, but I'd stick with solid Navy for the very first impression; either that or charcoal gray.

Comment

Working...
                                X